Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trucks banned from Right hand lanes

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
theyre trying to bring this in at N.S.W also

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I always sit in the left lane anyway so it won't affect my trucking much but it's a great rule to bring in, long overdue.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I've never really had a problem with trucks in NSW, most of them seem sensible enough to know to stay in the left-hand lane. It's car drivers who are the real offenders IMO.

All that said, the law makes sense, and I have no problem with it.

The best law they have in the UK is the "don't pass on the left" rule, which most people obey religiously. Everyone keeps left, highways are great, people are courteous to other drivers and don't engage in the petty crap they do here like blocking people from merging.

People wonder why the laws keep getting tighter and we don't get roads with unrestricted speed limits etc, it's because as a population we're too bloody immature to have them.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
A great idea, and about time really; but why wait until July, and why roll it out on only a few roads first?... Trucks, Buses, and Cars sitting in the right hand lane on freeways and marjor arterials whether it be below, or on the speed limit is dangerous to those around them that wish to overtake.

It's a case of too little and too late in my opinion!

Just police it already!

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
About time. Now to police the people who sit below posted limits in other lanes.

Plus 1 to that.

It kinda sucks that if one tries to follow the speed limit, and ends up right behind someone else, their considered 'un-social' and 'irresponsible', yet the same doesnt apply for the offending driver.

Acclaimed VS

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I've never really had a problem with trucks in NSW, most of them seem sensible enough to know to stay in the left-hand lane. It's car drivers who are the real offenders IMO.

All that said, the law makes sense, and I have no problem with it.

The best law they have in the UK is the "don't pass on the left" rule, which most people obey religiously. Everyone keeps left, highways are great, people are courteous to other drivers and don't engage in the petty crap they do here like blocking people from merging.

People wonder why the laws keep getting tighter and we don't get roads with unrestricted speed limits etc, it's because as a population we're too bloody immature to have them.

I read an article not long ago (I think it was in topgear magazine). Basically it was saying how when we get behind the wheel our attitude seems to change we become much more inconsiderate and rude.

When a lift or a bus comes people will let others in first without thinking twice. But two lanes change to one and it's "get f**ed ur not getting in front of me.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
This sucks, the left lane is the fastest between the WRR and the Westgate Bridge, now keeping trucks out of the right lane will slow the left lane down, woo ****in hoo.

SS 1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
soon as i read this i was thinkin bout if ppl where tryin to get off the freeway and you were in the middle or right lane and you had 10 or more trucks in peak hour traffic lining up in the left lane. this could happen on sydney rd in campbellfield coz theres a lot of trucks out that way coz its the way to country vic. dont get me wrong im all for it, coz im sic of gettin caught behind trucks in peak hour.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Doubt this is going to make any change, considering most truck driver I've encountered on the roads around melbourne have a blatant disregard for the speed limit, safe following distance rules, keep left rules, etc.

This will be just another rule for them to ignore.

The issue is not that there isn't enough laws, the issue is the mentality of road users in Australia.

Having driven a considerable distance around Germany at the beginning of this year, the way people drive here is appauling. It really is amazing how the road system works there and it's not because of laws, its because of the difference in driver mentality.

We'll see how it goes I guess.