Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo VS Ecotec Build **engine build in progress page 16**

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
balancer is fine im running over 350rwkw on standard ecotec balancer

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Don't think the Balancer is really a problem with power, more a problem with rev's. Have heard over 6400rpm the standard balancer-rubber distorts, not good.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Good for you buddy!....

?? whats up your ass.

The balancer will be fine but looking good bud how did the pistons look when you got em? too good to put in i bet lol same with mine.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
?? whats up your ass.

The balancer will be fine but looking good bud how did the pistons look when you got em? too good to put in i bet lol same with mine.

Yer the only reason i got the race balancer was because the original one was all warped and cruddy. When i pulled the motor apart the bearing on the main cap closest to the balancer was worn because the balancer was running out of balance. None of the other bearings were worn. The other reason was that the race balancer was actually cheaper than another genuine one. The Race balancer's quality is amazing compared to the genuine ones and it looks a whole lot prettier lol.

Yeah it was a bit of a bummer having to put the heads on with the nice pistons. Maybe i could make clear plastic heads lol. All the nice bits and pieces ive bought are all enclosed lol. Nothing to show for haha.

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Were did u buy the ballancer and can i have a part num

MACE

Reaction score
I think you should get your little boy to give you a hand on the tools to get this beast going back again ASAP :p

Part funny I guess because they certainly do grow up very quickly :(

My boy's 2 1/2 and I still remember the trauma of him waking up every 1/2 to an hour on the night when we first got him home! Only recently did he start sleeping through the night. Better late then never I guess LOL

Babes aside, onc thing to consider doing before you get the motor off the stand would be to get the following done to your sump

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/australian-specialty-racecraft/155224-modded-ecotec-pan.html

Cheap insurance considering this car will really be hauling ass now :D Not that it didn't before but you get the idea with the cam and all :p

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I think you should get your little boy to give you a hand on the tools to get this beast going back again ASAP :p

Part funny I guess because they certainly do grow up very quickly :(

My boy's 2 1/2 and I still remember the trauma of him waking up every 1/2 to an hour on the night when we first got him home! Only recently did he start sleeping through the night. Better late then never I guess LOL

Babes aside, onc thing to consider doing before you get the motor off the stand would be to get the following done to your sump

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/australian-specialty-racecraft/155224-modded-ecotec-pan.html

Cheap insurance considering this car will really be hauling ass now :D Not that it didn't before but you get the idea with the cam and all :p

Cheers,
Steve

Lol yeah its tuff but all worth it.

That sump mod is interesting but the only time ive ever lost oil pressure was from a huge high speed brake.