Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres on Rims?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Doesn't really matter (in VIC anyway) what the stock is, if the VN HSV came with 17" then that what you take it from, the 2 inch rule was changes because new clubbies and similar are coming out with 19" (or is it 20", don't know, stuck in the old cars) so legally any VE could put 21"s (or 22" if the largest is 20"). Now they say 15mm bigger and it goes by total diameter of the rim and tyre of the biggest wheel/tyre that is an option for that year model.

Police will go via the tyre combination listed on the placard, which is what is stated in their books. Doesn't matter what a VN HSV had, it will be dependant on what model you actually have. HSV is a different manufacturer to Holden... Which I thought was pretty damn obvious.

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon (soon to be pimped)
i got some rim and tyre packages priced up for the ol vp i got told 18's are illegal but im from sa...

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
By rolling the gaurds you are talking about the lip on the inside yeah ?
Last time I did that was on my old torry and I used a fat shifter. Just set it to about 2mm to fit onto the lip and bend it upwards bit by bit going around the whole arch each time.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Police will go via the tyre combination listed on the placard, which is what is stated in their books. Doesn't matter what a VN HSV had, it will be dependant on what model you actually have. HSV is a different manufacturer to Holden... Which I thought was pretty damn obvious.

No probs, you better call Vic Roads and tell them that there info is wrong then because as long as those guidelines are in place , I think I'll take their word over yours. Check the site.