Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Well when I first got my other statesman, people kept saying they liked it. It's just spelt that way so it reads as "like". In WA they will reject a application for plates that reads too similar to ones that are already out there so even though it's spelt differently it still reads the same as the proper spelling so it makes it harder for people to try and copy my plates.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
also considering a shift kit but next on the agenda is the exhaust.

No real need for a shift kit , the transmissions already have the corvette servo in them , The gearbox can be tuned with a tune.
I have mine tuned to where in normal mode in D it drives with a bit more firmness and shifts are more tighter , Then when you put it in Power mode its got a different tune setting so its a really hard shift and holds the gears a little longer so its like a "race" mode .

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No real need for a shift kit , the transmissions already have the corvette servo in them , The gearbox can be tuned with a tune.
I have mine tuned to where in normal mode in D it drives with a bit more firmness and shifts are more tighter , Then when you put it in Power mode its got a different tune setting so its a really hard shift and holds the gears a little longer so its like a "race" mode .

You sure about the servo? Last LS1 (VX) I saw from a Dunnydore had the stock Holden slop in it. No matter what it's still a 4L60E, a shift kit will bugger off the overlap and IMO it's always better to boost line pressure via the kit (and associated peripherals) than the PCM to prevent the box disassembling itself changing gears while WOT. The tune is just good to get your shift point speed vs. revs vs. TPS how you'd like it.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
You sure about the servo? Last LS1 (VX) I saw from a Dunnydore had the stock Holden slop in it. No matter what it's still a 4L60E, a shift kit will bugger off the overlap and IMO it's always better to boost line pressure via the kit (and associated peripherals) than the PCM to prevent the box disassembling itself changing gears while WOT. The tune is just good to get your shift point speed vs. revs vs. TPS how you'd like it.

Vy's and up have them .

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
dat shine

82f2c99f-e307-4fd9-85b4-d7cdb6997ecb_zps57be7369.jpg

she still needs a wax though. I'll be giving her a detail next saturday as she's being used in my dad's wedding next sunday as the bride's car. also starting to kinda look around for a zorst. also thinking of lowering her a little.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I spent yesterday detailing and cleaning and getting it ready for dad's wedding today. I hit the boot garnish strip and had it shining like new. also thinking of ditching the wreath and LS1 badges. also polished the exhuast tip for the third time and it's just about as good as I can get it.
null_zpsb60493a0.jpg

null_zps113efba2.jpg

and the finished product. I think I did a good job.
c7aa224b-f10c-4ee4-a8ee-7195d0c05808_zps979bcee5.jpg

null_zpseea93970.jpg

still umming and ahhing on the height of it though.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thinking of getting some thin white walls done. opinions plox? or do you think they won't suit the wheels? kinda un sure about how they would look on the WK.

260D9F53-BE8D-4205-A146-8FE7FAA25522_zpsfkms1uuj.jpg

also thinking of putting mesh behind the black front bumper insert, or is that too ford spec?

A34ED625-FC01-4B9B-8FCC-87DB1FE14333_zpsaybtembj.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks. I'm still umming and ahhing about the height. I don't really want it that low. I may just get some lower springs for the rear.