Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultimate alloytec failure...

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
I don't understand the reason for spending bulk cash (10k?) to make a V6 faster.

Here is an alternative:

1. Sell your sv6 for 11k.
2. Use the sale price + 10k in mods to buy a VY/VZ SS. Hell, you might even snag a HSV for this price.
3. Enjoy.

why do people buy an SS to modify when they could buy a Porsche 911t thats faster???

oh i know... to make that car faster... maybe you should take your dick measuring device elsewhere...

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
every thead involving modifying any V6 ends up with some tool adding in, just buy a V8 or is it worth it..

Yeah it seems to really get the v6 fanboys going ;)

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Because for half the money of purchase price and nowhere near the service/maintenance cost you can build a commodore V8 to snap a porsche. It won't ever be a porsche but you can still embarrass one. With a V6 you are just starting with a handicap when it comes to $/speed ratio

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
oh and mattsv6... if you are soo religous on this... why do you have topics about modifying an SV6..

Yo homes, Relax I'm just sharing my point of view. You don't have to agree but no need to go nuts about it :)

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
120.6rwkw....

Someone is doing it way wrong... My Acclaim (exec spec basically) last dyno had it running at 139 and that was just with a VCM tune and catback... Since then I've done far more to it so if anything it should be sitting slightly above that now.