Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Never had issues with alloy rings on wheels that needed them...the plastic ones just got brittle and broke..a tiny smear of grease around the ring makes it easy to slide off when required..
Don't need them any more as i have gone back to correctly bored out 19 inch vessv black rims...

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Never had issues with alloy rings on wheels that needed them...the plastic ones just got brittle and broke..a tiny smear of grease around the ring makes it easy to slide off when required..
Don't need them any more as i have gone back to correctly bored out 19 inch vessv black rims...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh love to have correctly bored rims.

My hubs, been meaning to change them in time as they are rusty so didnt want to have the aluminium going on and not being able to get off.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Woohoooooooooooooooooooooo

3 Guesses as to whom side-swiped his own garage late one night and heard the sickening sound of metal against brick?

Wasnt me.
Just gonna blame someone else somehow but yeh was me

Needless to say, seen enough videos on it and other forum members do the same thing and go through the repairs.
I wish to say that this is my absolute first time I have ever done a body repair like this so im learning as I go

So left rear wheel arch on the outer fold got damaged and my door also would've been damaged if it wasn't for that edge moulding i have on it to protect it.
That cheap $2 side mould has saved my door.
This stuff from here in this post

$_57.JPG

The Colorspec paint was made up from Supercheap Auto
Since Phantom Black, paint code is K025 or 690F
I must say, the amount of people that asked the girl whom was mixing my paint was amazing (took about 10-15mins)
She was professional and and did a great job in handling really stupid questions from customers whom were also douches to her.

Anyhoos
My primer isn't in the below pics and I had smoothed off the filler which has no pic

J83juIX.jpg

DolGUBe.jpg

vhpSNvo.jpg

pCTgoxA.jpg

5YEX5ZN.jpg

CO0ql8Z.jpg

CnNq9U5.jpg

N7UVvFn.jpg

zIyjXEy.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So yeh, I'm actually posting this between preparation and stuff.
One thing learnt already, really try to get the filler smoother at initial application.

So covered the car in newspaper. Overkill a bit but in case anyway if some stray paint likes to wonder off onto unexposed areas.

I have sanded back the filler and enlarged the area to be primed and then given it a coat of primer.

Reckon 3 coats be enough and then enlarge the area again and place on the Colorspec black paint and blend

3vdriDb.jpg

xgZZ5Wi.jpg

EjDIRqO.jpg

rsieNGC.jpg

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Deadset, it you hadn't put the red arrows, I probably wouldnt have seen that. Theres SO much newspaper lol. But yes, rattle cans do get away from you on occasion.

This might be me today if the weather holds on. Maybe not as much newspaper but a decent amount. Good job with repair should turn out unnoticeable except to you, cause you will always know.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Deadset, it you hadn't put the red arrows, I probably wouldnt have seen that. Theres SO much newspaper lol. But yes, rattle cans do get away from you on occasion.

This might be me today if the weather holds on. Maybe not as much newspaper but a decent amount. Good job with repair should turn out unnoticeable except to you, cause you will always know.

What is it, the 6foot rule?

I plan (i do say plan) on making it not noticeable to me. Hopefully
Sanded the primer which was a Filler/Primer and filled in a couple more scratches better then the normal filler.

Done my first black coat, gonna be 4 light coats and once thats done, 24hrs until being able to sand and blend
Once thats done, gonna do some minor work on the body, maybe bumper stone chips then the fun happens

Will be a paint correction, fine scratches and polishing compound, then a wax
Sheeshhhhh

Sanding of Primer
FxY0dKB.jpg

First light coat
anQPtKO.jpg

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Uni..u need some parking sensors m8..haha..used that supercheap paint on my sons pulsar ( metalic blue colour) where he did the same thing as you..they did a good job colour matching it..after i filled, sanded, primer and top coat x 4 it blended in so well i could not see where the new paint met the old even before polishing it out...first attempt at this so stoked with the end result..only thing i did different to you Uni is i folded the newspaper over around the damaged area with a sort of bullnosed rounded edge instead of having a hard line of masking tape..this allowed a soft feathered edge to the paint when spraying so it would blend better into the existing and required less sanding..

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ok

So my paint code is not Phantom Black anymore.
In its days of living, car has been repainted a Black Gloss

So that can I have is useless, might be good for stone chips but not for a sizable area.

And so luckily using a Black Gloss which i already had, a touchup pen by Holts, what you get from Supercheap for $11
So stripped everything i did, redid the filler and primer and now using this touchup brush system.

Currently drying

Will sand it back after one more coat (3 coats in total) and then either spray over with some clear coat on the lip of the wheel well

So, dunno what spoiler i have from what car (looked underneath and has HSV on it) and dunno what the paint code is on the car.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Well that's a bugger. Good catch though. bet you enjoyed doing the whole process over again

Mr max

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
You will do your head in using that messy touch up pen on an area that size. If you haven't realised yourself by now your better off with the can but a 2pac one from here > Automotive Auto Touch UP Spray Paint CAN 2K Polyurethane TOP Coat CAR Truck Bike | eBay
No clear coat needed and will dry a high gloss which will match your cars paint. Those pens are a cloggy mess for anything but stone chips or small scratches.

Really nice car by the way, have been following for a while. Maybe put some type of padding on those bricks, that's a really tight squeeze :)

Last edited: