Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unwanted plumbing

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
these days u can get pushfit caps mate, got to local reece and ask for sharkbite pushfit caps for copper and all u need to do is clean the end of the pipe and slide them on, i use them everyday at work. its great ****.

also for work under $500 in victoria you dont need to lodge a certificate, so handymen or owners can do small **** themselves. and even if it does go wrong but say a plumber did it but u dont have the receipt. easy

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Thanks everyone I ended up turning the cold line into an extra garden tap and I just used a compression fitting on the hot line as it was too close to the outside wooden deck to solder safely.

As for the legality of this, the law can be interpreted in different ways. I'm going to consider this work legal as the pipes were in my garden and not inside a building.

According to the NSW office of fair trading "water plumbing" or work on the supply of water includes work on pipes and fittings ...... "that are in a building".

Plumbing, draining and gasfitting - NSW Office of Fair Trading