Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upping transmision pressure.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
ive heard its just a matter of turning a dial under/in the transmission box , is this correct and more details please if so.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you mean tightening bands it cannot be done easily on the 4L60E Commodore transmission - there are "shift kits" but nothing you can do with the turn of a dial.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
no he means turning up the base pressure with the allen key headed screw under the shift solinoid :D

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
increases the whole base pressure of the trans to make up for wear and tear too much is bad but it can make a sloppy box like new again you can go too far and every gear is like a shiftkit and servo is in there and in the end the box goes :spew:

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yeh the box isnt sloppy at the moment i was just looking for an cheaper option than a shift kit , figured it would cause problems if upped too much but im not expecting shift kit like performanc, just something a bit better than i have now until i can get a shift kit done.
im going too get the oil filter changed and a service done soon just because its due so what harm can be done by a few turns of an allen key while the box is open.

delfin82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s1/ vz berlina
Its the pressure solenoid that can be adjusted not the shift solenoid, does your box delayed in shifting or maybe flaring?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the pressure adjuster is underneigth the the shift solinoid not the shift solinoid itself 1/8th to 1/4 of a turn should be plenty

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Its the pressure solenoid that can be adjusted not the shift solenoid, does your box delayed in shifting or maybe flaring?

i have a tune in it from delco atm that shifts later under hard throttle, the box seems too slip a little bit when revving the guts out of it at higher rpm, its fine with the normal tune in it i just feel like im losing a bit of potential acceleration.
by slipping at higher rpm i mean the engine screams and the tacho shoots up what seems faster than the car is actually pulling if you know what i mean once its shifted up its fine.
i think its holding the rest of the mods back really.

i should add that it does take a second too click into drive when in park as you asked , i have no idea what flaring is though.

delfin82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s1/ vz berlina
i have a tune in it from delco atm that shifts later under hard throttle, the box seems too slip a little bit when revving the guts out of it at higher rpm, its fine with the normal tune in it i just feel like im losing a bit of potential acceleration.
by slipping at higher rpm i mean the engine screams and the tacho shoots up what seems faster than the car is actually pulling if you know what i mean once its shifted up its fine.
i think its holding the rest of the mods back really.

i should add that it does take a second too click into drive when in park as you asked , i have no idea what flaring is though.

Flaring is like the box hesitate to shift to next gear and when it does, it feels like slipping. delayed is what you mean when it put in drive, could be worn friction clutches, thats why it need more oil pressure to push the piston and clucthes to engage, seal in piston become hard already that why it losses line pressure, or by adjusting the pressure solenoid can help with it.