Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 vs V8 fuel economy and performance

vx_ss_black

phantom vx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
the ls1s out of the factory arent as thirsty as youd think. i was getting about 600ks out of 65 litres in my vx ss if i took it real easy, and now after my tune i get about 600ks on normal driving. i cant say how the v6s are coz i never owned one, but with a tune the ls1s are pretty dam fuel efficient. plus, you have the power to break loose when you want it with an ls1. best of both worlds in my opinion.

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
thats really strange coz i can drive pretty flat out and get the same economy as if i drive steady. mind you me driving steady and me driving flat out apparently there isnt much difference. i average about 11-12 ltrs per 100km mixed driving. ive got from 550-630km out of a tank from my VT of premium. i only got 550 from one coz i had a track day and i was drivin flat on the highway coz i was late >.> <.< .... shhhh.... but all in all if you want an LS1 there isnt much difference and the way fuel is now who really cares to be honest the LS1 has the power the cars are usually well looked after so if you want one buy one its up to you noone else can make that choice for you at the end of the day its your car and you should buy what you feel comfortable with

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I got a 2000 VT V6. It's rare for me to get on freeways. So most is local driving conditions. I'm getting around 12.4l/100 right now. When i drive short 5-7min trips it's more towards 13.5-14.5. Out on the highway it's below 9 very easily.