Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2015

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Only a week until the official test day at Sydney Motorsport Park so I figured it was time for a new thread. Heaps has happened in the off season but for me the biggest news would be Lee Holdsworth and Charlie Schwerkolt Racing jumping from FPR/ProDrive (as I think they are now called) to Walkinshaw Racing. I think its a positive step for Lee and hopefully he gets some results under his belt.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
just thankful that we've got actual V8's this year.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, nahh. It's not available on free-to-air TV here in NZ and I'm damn sure won't be paying to watch it so no supertaxi's for me this year (just like last year).

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have to admit that I really didn't like the COTF concept but it has bought more winners across a variety of teams than any time in the entire history of ATCC. The problem with control formulas is that with same power, same handling, same brakes etc etc etc it makes for very difficult overtaking. The only real way to mix things up is to chuck a variety of tires into the mix + fuel stops is the only major variable and tbh it's worked reasonably well. I have been more interested in the series over the last few years than I have been in a decade.

I am an official fan of the old school historics but being honest, Group A, C or improved production, whatever era you choose, there was 1 dominant model and usually the team with the biggest budget running that car won. Save mechanical failures which were down right embarrassing for the manufacturers during that era (which they won't tolerate these days) the winner was pretty much a fate-de-compe. That said - still love watching the old girls tearing around the tracks. Now to demo 500 or so houses and get Oran park back :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Paying for TV that also has ads? Yeah - that's a good idea. LOL!

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Did anyone see the Improved Production race from the Bathurst 12hr support on SBS Speedweek ? Bloody Stunna. Beaut Cars. Big mix. I want to see more of that. Maybe with future 'touring car' rules I will, but I like to see older cars and can the COTF (all cars the same) too.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Or pay 2 - 3x as much for tv that has none. Meh - I'm happy with it. Clearly it's not something you are comfortable with which is fine - nobody is forcing you to do it.

PS - compared to the Ch 7 coverage last year - same race was waaaaaay better. HD + even though there were adds in both they didn't leave bits out like ch7 did on their 'live coverage'. The only problem was that it wasn't live as such but then again I just recorded it and watched it later at a time which suited me anyway (I virtually never watch stuff live)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

Who said anything about ads?

70370F34-2904-49CE-A54C-38FF422AC446_zps7to9ixsk.png