Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Suite tune for SV6

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
VCM Suite too is able to recallerbrate the pcm to take into consideration of new diff ratios.
As for Matt Stocker's contact details, pm RaptopSC, as theyve been working with each other on the supercharging of the alloytec engines.
Btw that hp figure too sounds on the money for an SV6.
Yeah as for the autos theyre running 3.08s the manuals that run 2.89's

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Ah, thought there was a difference between the auto/manual diff ratios, thanks for that. Yeah, as for the rwhp dyno figure, few people arked up and called bullshit/happy dyno/quater mile it/ etc because they were pissed they spent $x on their car and pulled the same figure. I've got it on good knowledge that the dyno I was on was a reputable and reliable one.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i copped a bit too ewok my car made 200rwhp on the CHE dyno. so many sv6 make less then that with full exhausts and tunes. Dale says my cars a freak, just wish vcm would get the bloody ve update out so i can see what this freak will do.

as for fuel econ, 7 is about right in a vz on the highway i'd say. my fat ve does 7.2/3 on the open road. about 9.1-3 round town. most bolton perforance mods increase fuel econ extractors cai and tune will improve fuel econ dramatically if you drive it nicely.

the alloytecs run rich from factory mine was running 11.5:1 on the dyno they lean them out to 12.5: with a tune so you can see instantly you will get better consumption.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Do all shops do a before and after dyno run for the $900-$950 VCM suite tune?

will be interesting to see what mine makes. Would said shops do my diff gears at the same time or is that suited for a run of the mill mechanic ect? What would this cost?

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thought id ask this question in here, rather than me make ANOTHER topic :p

Has anyone had any problems with mods such as: Phreedy dash mods, VCM tune, 2 hole mod ect voiding their insurance when making a claim?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i'd like to see the go to the effort to prove your car is tuned. there is no easy way to prove a alloytec has been tuned as you have to retain all factory sensors. with the v8's it's easy no maf non factory with the 6 they'd have to pull out the ecu and compare it's tune to a stock one which they'd never do.

but you'd be best to ask your insurance company we can't speak for them.

yes they'll do a before and after they'll probably to several runs as they are tuning.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
i'd like to see the go to the effort to prove your car is tuned. there is no easy way to prove a alloytec has been tuned as you have to retain all factory sensors. with the v8's it's easy no maf non factory with the 6 they'd have to pull out the ecu and compare it's tune to a stock one which they'd never do.

but you'd be best to ask your insurance company we can't speak for them.

yes they'll do a before and after they'll probably to several runs as they are tuning.

what about a before and after run at the strip?

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
The increase in power they quoted was based on a stock car with the tune. They reckon 20-30rwhp gain. I had my sv6 dyno'd last year stock at 65,000km and pulled 193rwhp with nothing more than a K&N air filter.

So based on this, a power of around 210-220 rwhp can be expected? can someone put this in KW for me haha. Is there a calculator or something for this?

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
So based on this, a power of around 210-220 rwhp can be expected? can someone put this in KW for me haha. Is there a calculator or something for this?

every car is different, every dyno is different, hard to expect an after power figure when you dont know what your before power figure is,
with K&N filter, full exhaust i was 193rwhp before tune....

get in touch with Hi Torque Performance, they will look after you, they tuned my sv6 they also did my diff gears

Hi Torque Performance
KW to HP Convertor

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Yeah, what impulsive said pretty much. You can add all the mods in the world to a car, but if you don't have it tuned for those mods at some stage, the power advantage remains dormant/goes to waste. The only other way to really verify the gains, is, to HIT THE QUATER WOOOOOOOOOOO! 220rwhp = 164rwkw based on International Horsepower base figures. Bow down to the all mighty Online Conversion - Power Conversion

Gotta get down to a whup ass wednesday at Motorplex sometime to do a few quaters ............ I reckon 15.1's stock with my current readout .......... We'll see heh