Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Suite tune for SV6

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
Gotta get down to a whup ass wednesday at Motorplex sometime to do a few quaters ............ I reckon 15.1's stock with my current readout .......... We'll see heh

15.1-15.4 @ 89-92mph i reckon, completely stock

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thats a nice figure. I know of some fag in a POS old school intergra, claims to beat new model SV6/XR6s by car lengths, yet only got a 15.3 i believe.

would a mid 14 be possible with just a VCM tune, diff gears and 2 hole mod? i know that all are different ect but ball park figure is that about right? Auto too.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
thats a nice figure. I know of some fag in a POS old school intergra, claims to beat new model SV6/XR6s by car lengths, yet only got a 15.3 i believe.

would a mid 14 be possible with just a VCM tune, diff gears and 2 hole mod? i know that all are different ect but ball park figure is that about right? Auto too.

i ran a 14.37 with diff gears, 2 hole mod, Hi Torque Performance tune. mine is auto.
havent heard/seen anyone get close yet, done in qld weather too...

...well, have heard of a ute going quicker, but only heard... havent seen any proof or vid yet...

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
I want to get some proof of that CAM'd SV6 runnint 13.5's. Shame that it's $3500 for CAM job as you have to replace 4 of the bloody things >.< heh

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
I wish they didn't have that 125KW/1000Kg Ratio. I have to wait 4 years before I do anything serious to my car. But if I can get an extra 10KW at the flywheel, that'll still be legal, not that anyone cares, but the rents can do maths. Anything over and I'm in trouble.

So if I wanted to do a tuneup for my stock as a rock Calais, down here in Vic should I go to VCM?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
theres a time slip of a turbo vz alloytec running a 13.3 on street commodores. it's an exec aswell so 175kw motor. although i'd fair a guess that he has his auto tricked up.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
theres a time slip of a turbo vz alloytec running a 13.3 on street commodores. it's an exec aswell so 175kw motor. although i'd fair a guess that he has his auto tricked up.

anyone know how much boost he was running to get that?

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
start your bets!!!
10psi ?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
mate he started a shop in bankstown or blacktown i think. Dale tells more it went under about 18months ago. Dale said he tuned one of the cars with a turbo kit made 250rwkw he couldn't remember if it was an sv6 or exec.

he use to have a website but it's disapeared as well, i'd say the car die when his business did. i think it's big down fall was there was no vcm suit when he was selling his turbo kits meaning you needed a piggy back computer. thats my understanding anyway.

Last edited: