Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Calais V Amp stays on ??

Wayno.f

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV
Have just installed a Pioneer amp in the boot to run a sub, conected + & - to the battery the problem is the amp came stright on without a control wire even hooked up
Any help. Amp is brand new out of the box today GM-A3602

Thanks Wayno

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check you haven't got a stray strand of wire touching the remote terminal, or there is nothing externally bridging it, possible faulty amp

Wayno.f

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV
Yeah questioning the amp all connections are crimped in terminals, Have never connected - to battery before have seen a few post that say not to do that ??. thats why I asked thequestion

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
its not set to sense speaker input and turned on because it was the first fire up then turns off after a while then waits for speaker noise to turn on again...?

Wayno.f

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV
Not sure was late when i finished Have no remote wire connected and drove for 1/2 a hour home and it was still on with the car locked. just grabbed a toggle switch and put it in the power line so i get to work in the AM

Just thought of something else Im using the Hi speaker inputs to get a signal ??

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
RTFM :p

Page 8 of your manual... Start reading at the bottom left and continue to the top right.

I'd turn car off, head unit off, open boot and watch the amp... If it's still on, wait 5 mins or so as the computer shuts down a little more which might be keeping the head unit/amp on somehow.

If you still have issues, give Pioneer helpline (1800 672 102) a call and see what they say.

Attachments

• GMA3602-1.PNG
    GMA3602-1.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 150
  • GMA3602-2.PNG
    GMA3602-2.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 137