Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV wheel fitment

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
everyone want the swag yolo hellaflush illest stancenation fitment but no one wanna get the angle grinder out.

Amanuensis

Amanuensis
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSz
i think a great stance is more important than going low.

I agree with this as well. Low may look awesome but in the real world of speed humps and rough gutters, my car has to remain practical and drivable so I've just gone the 1st stage lower that still gives clearances over car park concrete and high speed humps. Dropping it right down adds more trouble and potential expenses than I am prepared to deal with. I'd rather spend the money on driving it rather then on spending the money fixing spoilers, exhausts, bolt and stud tops and listening to that awful scraping noise as one attempts to climb a small speed bump that wouldn't even tempt a skateboarder to get some air.

Mike

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Not insinuating it's the end of the world....advising just in case someone wishes to fit them and what to expect if caught....

Or am I not allowed to do that?
Mate, I'm not trying to pick a fight. Peace. :)
It just seemed like you thought Ducker85 was suggesting spacers as a permanent solution, and I was pointing out it was just a 'mock up' as he said. It is good to let people know they are illegal though, so I wouldn't fault you for that.

everyone want the swag yolo hellaflush illest stancenation fitment but no one wanna get the angle grinder out.
I got the angle grinder out. Still scrubs a bit. God damn I gotta see what offset these wheels are. ;)

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Yes I'm interested to see what they are and how they compare to stick after hearing about all the clearence issues you've had.
Well I gotta pull the wheels off to give them a good clean, there is adhesive from old balancing weights inside the drums which bugs me every time I see it, hopefully they have their offset stamped on the inside somewhere. I need to get myself a good trolley jack and some axle stands though before I do that as the stock jack is behind a sub woofer and from the sound of it you don't want to trust those things anyway.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mate, I'm not trying to pick a fight. Peace. :)
It just seemed like you thought Ducker85 was suggesting spacers as a permanent solution, and I was pointing out it was just a 'mock up' as he said. It is good to let people know they are illegal though, so I wouldn't fault you for that.

All good...Wasn't trying to pick a fight.....I just got reemed early in the peace on here for suggesting something illegal

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
spacers are standard fare on Porsches wide ass models

you can option it from factory for the regular 911's

deathtraps

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
spacers are standard fare on Porsches wide ass models

you can option it from factory for the regular 911's

deathtraps

Agreed, they are optioned on Porsche, but unfortunately the rules say, not allowed unless optioned....unfortunately, we ave to obide by them and can't argue about them

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
So spending my day doing research.

The G8 Boards are amazing for this stuff.

5194_1.jpg

20×8.5 +35, 20×10 +40

Thats 245 and 275 tyres. Fits fine. As you can see it looks pretty decent, but it could probably poke a little more. +35 a little bit of camber. Then drop the coilovers. Job done.