Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE jerking on take off

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
I have a 2011 3lrt sidi v6 that jurks 2-3 from a start (never any more or less). Does it pretty much 80% of the time but can vary how much you can feel it. I mean from the initial start, not pulling off from a stop.
My thoughts were initially PS pump or rack issue as I was always turning the wheel when doing it. But tested a few time taking off straight and still does it.

Jerks arnt violent, just a noticeable drop in power. I have heard a few times a noise that may correspond with the jerking, something running for a short period of time apon start up maybe less than 5 seconds (maybe thermo fan?)

Just after some thoughts or if its a known issue

namboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE Commodore
I have a 2011 3lrt sidi v6 that jurks 2-3 from a start (never any more or less). Does it pretty much 80% of the time but can vary how much you can feel it. I mean from the initial start, not pulling off from a stop.
My thoughts were initially PS pump or rack issue as I was always turning the wheel when doing it. But tested a few time taking off straight and still does it.

Jerks arnt violent, just a noticeable drop in power. I have heard a few times a noise that may correspond with the jerking, something running for a short period of time apon start up maybe less than 5 seconds (maybe thermo fan?)

Just after some thoughts or if its a known issue

is it misfiring?

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
nah no misfire. noticed this morning that it only seems to do it when moving forward. Maybe ABS booster kicking in doing something

namboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE Commodore
so you mean your car only jerks at cold starts? is it an auto or manual?
if you warm up your car before driving, does it still jerk?

MKN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE Omega 2008
yeah i've got a violent shudder every now and then as well, dual fuel though and happens mostly on gas, service should do it though

parkerhawkinz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SS Sedan
Johnboy....
It's definitely ABS initialising. I have a MY10 Sv6 wagon and a 2011 SII SS sedan. The wagon thumps or jerks on front end 3 times at each cold start and then one click at about 25m or so. However the SS doesn't thump 3 times but the clicks x2 at 25m mark and are much louder, bit like a stone in the mud guard. Your issue is totally normal. When I say 25m, that varies due to speed.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I also have the 3.0 L SIDI, with 6-speed auto.
Last year, there were problems with the tranny. A full service (not an el-cheapo) made an enormous difference.
Your difficulties now sound similar to mine then.
So, my question is - how long since your tranny was serviced ?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Johnboy....
It's definitely ABS initialising. I have a MY10 Sv6 wagon and a 2011 SII SS sedan. The wagon thumps or jerks on front end 3 times at each cold start and then one click at about 25m or so. However the SS doesn't thump 3 times but the clicks x2 at 25m mark and are much louder, bit like a stone in the mud guard. Your issue is totally normal. When I say 25m, that varies due to speed.

^^ this, definitely. Google ABS Self Test her using site search.

Also if your car has never had a trans service then do that and ask for a Fast TAP Relearn.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
Im told the scheduled service is at 160kms, I had mine serviced at 120kms (full flush, holden dealer - software was upto date Im told) made no difference. Im told its a characteristic of the ve2.