Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE omega stereo

FLINTY99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore MY08 Omega
Hi all im new to the site but was after some help if people can assist i have had an MY08 Omega for 2 years now and the head unit is playing up or it might be the speakers that i had installed when i first got it can someone tell me a good place that will help a rookie out in the audio department.

Im also after a place that would install my new headlights for me i live in victoria as well

Perkoracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.3 EFI Vk Commodore
im tassy and im not that exp as im 15 but i'll try my best the worst i can say is a holden dealership as if its the same as my mums Ve SS-V it has the heater controlls in the H/U so i dont think u can replace it as such or takeing to like Autobarn(If u have on mainland i wouldnt see why u wouldnt) if u dont go to supercheap as i think they can see if u need new speackers I'll try and learn more about these new cars Anyway Good Luck with it

Kurd007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve
Wire diagram

You could get your local dealer to fit the optional 6 stack cd player for the Omega's. It has MP3 capability. Then just run a good quality LOC (Line out converter) or RF 3sixty to run an amp or two. I've got the optional 6 stacker in mine with a Peripheral Sven4 LOC running a Tru Technology Billet 4100 amp for front and sub and a little Audio System Twister F2-130 for the rears. And it sounds great! I was after a SQ system rather than SPL and was a bit concerned that the factory head unit wouldn't be able to produce a clean enough signal. But it does and it sounds great. I've spent over $6000 on my audio sytem in the VE and the head unit does a pretty decent job. I would recommend the Peripheral Sven4 LOC. It does an awesome job at converting the high level outputs from the factory head unit to low level inputs for the amps. They cost about $150. It's the green unit in the attached photo.

Hey mate i just saw what u have done with ur ve, and i was just wondering if u took pictures of what wires u connected the HEADUNIT to the LOC cables, if u have pictures can u email them to me on [email protected], that would be perfect help

kind regards

corum:lock:

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
If your hard core into sound quality and loud music this is my personal way

new.png

you can hide this one in your glove box out of the road and turn the volume up on the second headunit then turn your OEM unit up to your liking, still can use the steering wheel controls, can charge stuff because of the USB's on the back,
if your wondering why there is a line to the power plug its also is a high input aswell on this unit, or you can use a LOC to low inputs for put it in the IN port
or if your puting usb for sound into the second headunit you can connect the steering controls to the second unit
you get amp out puts and awesome sound at the same time,
any other questions about the desk check it out DEH-80PRS TEAM Pioneer DEH-80PRS Reference Series CD Tuner (2012 Model) - Pioneer Car Stereo - Digital Media Receiver

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Your orange line is incorrect. The high input also goes into the RCA input, that's why there is a switch on the bottom of the unit with "L / H". That's why I told you a LOC is not required in your thread.

sjroost

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE Commadore Omega
My 2009 VE omega stereo system is currently playing up when using cds. it keeps coming up mechanism error when I put or try to put cds in. I have been to a local stereo place and they recommended disconnecting the battery overnight and sometimes that will reset it. or he said I may need to look at getting an aftermarket system? is it worth me going to an auto electrician to have a look at it before disconnecting the battery? or do I look at taking it to holden to have a look at? Do I look at upgrading it to something new? I have wanted to put a reversing camera in it for a while which I have been told I can get with the aftermarket system. what does anyone recommend and what price range do people suggest is a good price for a new set up? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Darren74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden omega 2009
How do I remove head unit from car where do I start

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
My 2009 VE omega stereo system is currently playing up when using cds. it keeps coming up mechanism error when I put or try to put cds in. I have been to a local stereo place and they recommended disconnecting the battery overnight and sometimes that will reset it. or he said I may need to look at getting an aftermarket system? is it worth me going to an auto electrician to have a look at it before disconnecting the battery? or do I look at taking it to holden to have a look at? Do I look at upgrading it to something new? I have wanted to put a reversing camera in it for a while which I have been told I can get with the aftermarket system. what does anyone recommend and what price range do people suggest is a good price for a new set up? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
you can go aftermarket but it will end up in the glovebox or somewhere else, alpine do a complete replacement system but starts from about $1300 up to $2700 have a look at their site, other H/U can be used with this type of system