Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 SV6 Starting issues

Willt

Reaction score
Members Ride
E sv6
When it started yesterday check engine light was on got home and did a pulse charge with a battery charger for 30 mins. Car started engine light gone.

Drove ok the the day and died later at night. Sam issue stability control errror no cranking and clicking from the power train.

Has not started at all today. Same issue

Willt

Reaction score
Members Ride
E sv6
Update car started but check engine light is on. Think I need a new battery?

L036543

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Commodore Omega Wagon
Hi All, hoping for some help if anyone has had a similar issue.

I've got a VE SERIES 2 Sv6 with startup issues. Everyday it starts fine and i can drive to work. If i stop on the way for 5 mins, to get fuel or coffee, it wont start when i get back in. Nothing happens when turning the key and then i get the contact dealer alert and engine light comes on the dash. Ive plugged in a scanner and get the generic code u0100 lost communication with ECM/PCM. If i wait 20-30mins, the car will start again. Mechanic had a look and couldnt make sense of the codes and thought it might be a bad earth. He checked all them but still the same issue. The car runs fine when its driving. Its like it needs to cool down before it will restart after driving for a bit? Any ideas?
Hey henza69, I've been having exactly the same issue for 2 years with a 2012 Omega wagon and managing the problem by just using it for selected trips. Did you ever find a solution?

Willt

Reaction score
Members Ride
E sv6
Hey henza69, I've been having exactly the same issue for 2 years with a 2012 Omega wagon and managing the problem by just using it for selected trips. Did you ever find a solution?
Mine was a faulty ecu. When it got hot it will malfunction. I’ve got a spare ecu if you want to buy it…. Just need to confirm what yours is should be a code on it, it’ll be eXX

henza69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6 Commodore
Hey mate. It was a faulty ecu. I took it to an auto electrician and showed him how it didnt start when "warm". He diagnosed the problem by pouring water over the ecu and then it started straight away. I got a 2nd hand replacement ecu for $500 from LsXtreme and installed it myself, its pretty easy. Its been fine now for 3 months so id say its fixed and the ecu was the problem.

If you do the water test and the car starts, its 100% your ecu.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I've also had the stability control alert show up a few times. Was going to get a new battery today but the guy checked it and said its fine. A few people have said in a commodore facebook group that its probably a faulty ecu. They said it have issues "waking up" when the car is hot. Can anyone verify this?
Based on what?
Diagnosing a faulty ECM would need to be done with a fricken tonne more checking than a hunch based on other hunches.

L036543

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Commodore Omega Wagon
Hey mate. It was a faulty ecu. I took it to an auto electrician and showed him how it didnt start when "warm". He diagnosed the problem by pouring water over the ecu and then it started straight away. I got a 2nd hand replacement ecu for $500 from LsXtreme and installed it myself, its pretty easy. Its been fine now for 3 months so id say its fixed and the ecu was the problem.

If you do the water test and the car starts, its 100% your ecu.
Thanks for the info Henza69, I'm driving it everywhere now trying to get the fault to happen with water bottles at the ready but, of course, its been starting every time now. I'll post back here when something happens.