Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II GPS suddenly not working after 9 years of operation

simo4511

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 Commodore
So I’ve had my VE series II for about 3 years, including the NAV system which was operational the whole time. I ran into a bit of trouble with it when it suddenly stopped working on a drive and the head unit says “navigation loading”, but the dashboard screen said “no navigation fitted”. Very strange. I flipped open some covers, checked the GPS’s SSD card on my computer and there are still programs on there, but after fiddling around I can’t get it to work. Just wondering if it’s possible to know what is going wrong, or if i just have to bite the bullet take it to someone.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

simo4511

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Did remove the fuse but it actually did something worse, now none of my buttons work on my head unit/air-con. Might have to go see someone about it now, and currently have the positive terminal off my battery to see if that may reset it

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Did remove the fuse but it actually did something worse, now none of my buttons work on my head unit/air-con. Might have to go see someone about it now, and currently have the positive terminal off my battery to see if that may reset it
Does the radio/media player work?
Is air con responding to mode changes, fan control working?
The IQ might be failing.

simo4511

Reaction score
Members Ride
Both radio and media player work, and is moderately operational thanks to the buttons on the steering wheel, but fan control, temp control, and anything on the head unit besides eject disk & the off button do not work. Bit stuck here. Do you think that it’s a wiring issue, and that I’ll have to take it in? As I’m a uni student, I’m not looking to spend too much money if possible. But if it’s better fixed properly then that’s what i’ll do

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This happened to ours a while back. I would pull the fuse again above the battery terminals.

Reconnect the battery first.

Try leaving it like that overnight.
Then put the fuse back in the morning.

Only reason I suggest overnight is because it’s a long undefined period of time.

Also, someone uploaded a copy of the SSD 2016 card. They may chime in with a private link if you are lucky.

Then you can try a clean version of the nav maps.

There are bootleg 2016 map copies on eBay.

I am yet to work out how removing just that fuse works, yet disconnecting the battery does not. There are other Head unit fuses on the car, so maybe this particular one isolates a circuit and allows back ground circuits to function?

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
As previously mentioned, it sounds like your IQ system could be failing
The good news is that it can be fixed - Mine failed recently and I engaged ASL Automedia to fix same
The bad news is that it was a tad on the expensive side, being around $400 and the fact that I had to strip a fair bit of the dash in order to remove it - Exceedingly thankful I didn't break/snap any clips
Link below re IQ nav module

VE SERIES 2 IQ NAVIGATION MODULE (aslautomedia.com.au)