Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Turbo,,,

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Put a rear mount turbo setup, job done.

This is the most ridiculous advice ever. Everyone knows the best place to mount turbos is under the seats. There was a thread about it on here, but the idea was way too awesome and had to be closed.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Single turbo with top shelf bits - 13k drive in drive out, twin turbo with top shelf bits 19k drive in drive out.

Single turbo kits cost the same as a blower package and are more fun. Turbo kits also take 3x longer to get done, you're car will be off the road for 3 weeks.
Is that a typo? I would be taking my car elsewhere if it takes a workshop 3 weeks.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Figure out a budget, what you're end goals are power wise, and go speak to a few reputable workshops. They could probably even take you for a spin in a few cars with different mods to let you get more of a feel for what you're after.
Try before you buy is a great way to go. You can really feel what each performance upgrade price break will cost you.

Is that a typo? I would be taking my car elsewhere if it takes a workshop 3 weeks.

Agree with that one!! They would have to use it as a fill in job if it's taking that long. A proper shop would put one tech on it solid for 3days to get it done quickly (or how ever many hours it takes to complete back to back)

Personally; I would put a PD Whipple style on it. Make sure it has a bypass for off throttle cruise economy (like a turbo off boost). They are usually a self contained unit for their own oiling etc, and on low boost (which is all you will need for your purpose) it does not require inter-cooling.
More legal, less components, easy to return to stock if you sell in the future (I think)

Turbo would be better for top end power, but I reckon it is too 'in your face' and a hassle for a daily of your described purpose.

Who-ever said Exhaust/intake/torque cam/Tune has probably given the best advise for a 'daily' so far.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
so you "bother" to comment but not contribute? Good helpful attitude. I have a joke with you, provide a fact for my statement. Some joker has an attack at me not knowing my life/situation and the fact im not the Nissan guru in a family and my knickers are tangled? please

In lack of swearing to avoid an infraction, My super comment was a tongue in cheek funny haha comment because it's a "super" charger. Not a poke a stick at you because you're a little girl comment.

It's not my fault you're suffering misfire problems mate.

Go re-read it, And lighten up.

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I have a joke with you

My super comment was a tongue in cheek funny haha comment because it's a "super" charger. Not a poke a stick at you because you're a little girl comment.

Go re-read it, And lighten up.

Der....

Also I never said miss fire, it was spiking on boost. Our Nissan guy in the family has fixed.

Feel free to change your attitude and contribute something your take you own advice and don't bother commenting ay

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Personally; I would put a PD Whipple style on it. Make sure it has a bypass for off throttle cruise economy (like a turbo off boost). They are usually a self contained unit for their own oiling etc, and on low boost (which is all you will need for your purpose) it does not require inter-cooling.
More legal, less components, easy to return to stock if you sell in the future (I think)

Turbo would be better for top end power, but I reckon it is too 'in your face' and a hassle for a daily of your described purpose.

Who-ever said Exhaust/intake/torque cam/Tune has probably given the best advise for a 'daily' so far.

More legal? Theres no "more legal". Both are going to cop a fair whack from the EPA or Highway Patrol unless engineered.

I would disagree with the daily hassle of a turbo. It really depends what size turbo he goes for and when it comes on boost. You could easily putt around town without going boost crazy and retain that 6L manners. With a blower, its always going to be on.

It really comes down to how its setup.

As far as Cam/Tune etc. I would agree. Get a mid range cam, if its an auto maybe try get one without a higher stall and youll be in the 280-300rwkw range with a daily driver. I am off the opinion that if youre going cam, do it once do it right and go big. But hey, thats not for everyone.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod

No typo, it was one week to do the blower and they said if I wanted the turbo kit my car would be off the road for 3 weeks. Possibly due to workload but nonetheless that's the info I got.

Kind of regret not going turbo now considering it's no longer a daily!!!!!!!!.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Thanks everyone for helpful input, helps me a lot :)....Money is not a issue meaning I don't want to waste it and get **** unreliable results. I Will spend if I have to..$$$$$$$$

And come on fells, everyone has a different opinion no need for bullshit

Il be heading down Melbourne sometime soon and see what I go for..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
No typo, it was one week to do the blower and they said if I wanted the turbo kit my car would be off the road for 3 weeks. Possibly due to workload but nonetheless that's the info I got.

Kind of regret not going turbo now considering it's no longer a daily!!!!!!!!.
Or they had a few blowers sitting around, sound like good salesmen.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Or they had a few blowers sitting around, sound like good salesmen.

Went with a different place anyway for the blower, and the original place I was speaking to were trying to sell me the turbo setup over the blower repeatedly. So no, not good salemen.