Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv has just over 200000 Kms. Should I be worried?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
IMHO service history is over rated. I used to work in a dealership, and trust me, they dont do everything as per the book.
How much is the asking price??
On another forum I frequent, and a bloke in the US has just turned over 550,000miles(nearly 900,000ks) on his Lexus V8.
Still original motor, no rebuilds. Car still looks like new. But this is the great 1UZ, not a Holden:smoking:

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
IMHO service history is over rated. I used to work in a dealership, and trust me, they dont do everything as per the book.
How much is the asking price??
On another forum I frequent, and a bloke in the US has just turned over 550,000miles(nearly 900,000ks) on his Lexus V8.
Still original motor, no rebuilds. Car still looks like new. But this is the great 1UZ, not a Holden:smoking:

True, but I'd take a car with full service history and higher K's over a lower K car with no history anyday. I still keep track of my old VT Exec, nearly 300,000, original motor and box, only non-service thing ever been done to motor is replaced idler pulley last week, aside from that runs strong, smooth and quiet, doesn't use oil.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What I am asking is Will the gearbox let go?
Head gasket?
I understand bushes and stuff like that might need replacing that's fine. Just the engine and gearbox I am worried about.
any common problems that occur around the 200000 Kms mark ?

In my opinion mileage isn't really that big of a deal these days.

My old VN was at around 600,000 on its original drive train when it was scrapped......my VS hit 470,000 before I swapped the engine (only due to wanting a project motor)

Provided cars are well maintained and quality parts/fluid used your engine/trans will last a lifetime.

If you service it every 15-20,000km with black and gold woolworths oil then it won't last.

The reason mine lasted so long I believe was due to my pedantic service schedules.

I would service the engine every 5000KM....no exeptions with a reasonable grade oil such as Penrite HPR15. and the trans would be done every 25,000-30,000km.

I have never had an engine fail on me in my lifetime (never even had an engine related break down)

The trick to keeping a car running forever is replace things at the first sign of wear, not when they actually break.....this helps a lot.

Also only buy a car that has logs and invoices for all parts and work done through it's lifetime (when I sold the VS I gave them every invoice for every single thing I had purchased in the 3 years of owning it)

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Can you please tell me where the Woolies oil refinery is??:hmmm:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You've been offered a great deal by someone you don't know ? How nice, there's probably a reason for it.
My VE is getting close to 200 k's. Engine still goes like a new one, Auto is still pretty good, but the front suspension arms are starting to bump and rattle like an old hooker...!
What's the price 15K...... ?