Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve starting problems

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Just changed the whole fuel pump assembly and problem still persists Anyone shed some light??

Peterrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Bad news mate, my 06 VE Omega had the same issue about 10 months ago. Initially, it was just the check engine light and nothing else, didn't think anything of it so drove it for months without issue, only major problem was starting it on extremely hot days. Fast forward to today and the car is currently sitting at my local Holden Service Center, I have been quoted 3.5k to get the engine fixed for the timing issues, software updates, etc. Hope this helps you!

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Did you get a code?? And was yours intermittent on starting?? I have a video but unsure how to upload

Peterrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Nah, didn't get a code from them.

It would usually start just fine on normal / cold days, only on hot days it would decide not to fire which required a second key turn and pumping the gas pedal. The car made alot of engine noise for the first 10-20 secs of starting which then sorts itself out, also noticed the engine doesn't idle high initially when you start anymore.

Maybe try Youtube and post the link here?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Ok will do let me no if yours was similar il post it soon

Peterrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
My car does exactly the same thing... sorry but, I think you're in the same boat as me. Have you had the car looked at by Holden? If so, how much did they quote you for the fix?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
What is the actual issue? The timing chain stretched? And I had it in for the software update about 3 months ago.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
I don't think it could have been that your losing fuel pressure overtime as when you turn the key to accessories it it'll build pressure again I believe? it doesn't sound like a timing chain issue if it'll only do it once then be fine afterwards... Just my thoughts mate, but it does sound like a fuel issue somehow :/ wish I could be of more use mate.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
It's got me stumped, and I was thinking it was the pressure reg in the fuel pump ill book it in to holden and see what they say I guess