Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 "clunk"

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
I think all the talk about lowering was by the other guy, mine hasn't been lowered at all. Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer but it also hasn't made the noise in a few days so will see what happens.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
take it back to holden then

as for lowering it can be under warenty it just has to be prior to delivery to customer we do this all the time for holden

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
if there is a known faulty componenet you still have a leg to stand on you would have no hope if somthing out of the ordanary has gone astray this will be dertermind when they have a look at the component i have had many dealings with dealerships in my day job sometimes you have to talk to the customer service reps at hq to make the dealer see sense.
a lot of dealers will say no straight a way because they dont want to chase holden for approval igf thats the case chase holden your self talk to the customer department send them a letter

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
if there is a known faulty componenet you still have a leg to stand on you would have no hope if somthing out of the ordanary has gone astray this will be dertermind when they have a look at the component i have had many dealings with dealerships in my day job sometimes you have to talk to the customer service reps at hq to make the dealer see sense.
a lot of dealers will say no straight a way because they dont want to chase holden for approval igf thats the case chase holden your self talk to the customer department send them a letter

:blah blah:
The whole notion is rediculous. Defective component or not, there is no way to know whether the component became defective before or after it was tampered with.

I know that my strut top bearings were absolutely fine before i took them out to lower the car, and then when i put them back in, one was noisy. Now, logic and common sense dictates that the fault has occured because it has been tampered with, not because of defective materials.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i have always had sucess when i have pushed the issue so its worth a try i cant garrentee youll get the result you want buy i have.

Rodeo058

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 9C1
Dear Caity o5 ,
I had a similar noise coming from under my 06 Omega 9C1 . Very noticeable on certain terrain and intermittent. Holden Dealer mechanic said first batch VE's had problems with no insulators above front coils. Fitted insulators under warranty, noise now gone for good. Have this checked out as it could possibly be the problem.

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Just an update, took my car into the dealer under warranty & they replaced the front struts, insulator somethings & another bit. I'll grab the receipt from the car when I have a moment :p but this seems to have fixed it, so thanks everyone for your help :)

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Had similar problem with my '06 VE. Holden fixed this under warranty and no problems since then.

BTW it was fixed with those insulators.

White Ghost

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Same noise

I too have experienced the knock in the front end. I have a MY09 SV6 and ever since buying in April 08, the noise has been there.

I took it to the dealer and told them that every morning driving to work and every afternoon coming home, the noise can be heard. I told them it sounded like a suspension issue.

They had a look at it during a service and said there was nothing there.

I am not mechanically sound, but where the rubber bits of the suspension sit in the engine bay, there is a brown burnt ring around them, especially on the drivers side, where the noise comes from.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
please excuse my thread digging, but can someone possibly post a photo of a VE fitted with front spring insulators ? I want to check if mine has them as i have this infamous knock and its out of warranty .... CHEERS !!