Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE timing chain problem

leif72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 06
Im not a mechanic mate, im a builder, ive made my decisions based on the quotes and advice ive recieved from qualified mechanics and friends, im a builder, already worked out what you are though, this thread was put here to maybe make people aware of the timing chain issue with these models, not to have peanuts like you comment on my financial decisions, btw, of which, im happy with, so why should it bother you?, get a life mate, big al? big something

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I dont think Big Al was having a dig, he just didnt read the thread properly.

Also while your intentions are well meaning there's been threads on here about chain stretch for years.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Im not a mechanic mate, im a builder, ive made my decisions based on the quotes and advice ive recieved from qualified mechanics and friends, im a builder, already worked out what you are though, this thread was put here to maybe make people aware of the timing chain issue with these models, not to have peanuts like you comment on my financial decisions, btw, of which, im happy with, so why should it bother you?, get a life mate, big al? big something

Settle down, people are trying to help you out. You've been given some very good advice here, take it or leave it but don't have a go at people answering your thread.

I'd agree that it's unlikely any damage has been done. If a valve had struck a piston you'd know about it so replacing the timing chain would be your best bet

leif72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 06
"out of your mind"??? is what i was responding to, not the fact he thought it was a v8

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
i think i should become a builder. i'd love to be able throw money at my car like you do.