Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF CalaisV - Push to Start green but engine not running and locking gives horn beeps.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Are you a VF owner too?

Oh yes. If you look at the top right of my posts, you will see I own a 2014 VF Calais V.

It definitely matters if there is travel or not. No travel and the switch telling the ECU the brake pedals has been depressed won't operate.

Well, I suppose there must be a tiny amount of travel. The pedal certainly feels rock hard after a couple of days of the car not being driven.

PROJECT21

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CAPRICE
Yeah
Well I'm not getting much movement after a few hours
Not enough to start it

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
I read somewhere there is a vacuum pump which starts up if there is no engine vacuum under certain conditions on the alloytec. eg no engine running hence no vacuum.

Does the V8 have a similar pump to establish engine vacuum under certain conditions?

PROJECT21

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CAPRICE
I read somewhere there is a vacuum pump which starts up if there is no engine vacuum under certain conditions on the alloytec. eg no engine running hence no vacuum.

Does the V8 have a similar pump to establish engine vacuum under certain conditions?
Like I said earlier I'm an idiot when it comes to cars and problems
But what you are saying is exactly what HOLDEN are saying
Just thought I'd ask around if anyone else has experienced this problem
On the upside the WN CAPRICE is a great car just a few niggly things
My previous CAPRICE WM had nothing wrong just blown radiator at 250,000km

2015L77

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Calais
I think this has something to do with accidentally turning / tugging the steering wheel a split second after turning the engine off - i.e. heaving on the wheel when stepping out of the car. It's an anti theft thing. Someone else on here wrote about this and there was some "reset" sequence should this happen. Mine has done the exact same thing once. Don't know how i started it but it eventually did after several minutes of trying everything. I had stopped to fill up on fuel - after paying (just a few minutes later) i sat there trying to start it for ages. Exact symptoms as the OP. Come to think of it i did wiggle the steering wheel while trying to start it ?

Dustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Was reading this with interest, having the same issues with mu VF Calais. How did you fix the problem!!

Dustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Just a heads up, have already replaced the BCM, fuel pump, fuel pump sensor and the fuel sensor. has not fixed problem!!

Mike001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V VF Sedan
I've got a 2014 VF Calais V - it did this same thing to me yesterday - at the petrol station - I ended up blocking a bay which annoyed them :). The car is basically "frozen" - can't move - brake feels full on. Message telling me to push the brake pedal to start but the green start button was ON AND everything else worked - maps, wipers, radio etc.

Brake hard on - no give at all. AND - I noticed the tyres were on a lock position - ie turned.

Nothing worked - I tried the insert in the middle consol. Rang the NRMA.

Sat for a while - then tried again - pushed the very bottom of the starter button and the car seemed to "relax". Then started. No more probs. I've taken to parking with my wheels straight since - 4 or 5 times and all is OK. But a real worry at the time.

Will ring the local "Holden" guys tomorrow to see if they know what to do.

Mike001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V VF Sedan
I was also wondering if a reset/restart would work - ie unhook the battery then re attach ?

It seems as if the brake is locked on - then slowly "relaxes". The "hand brake" doesn't work - I must add (or doesn't seem to).

Mike001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V VF Sedan
Touch wood - hasn't occurred again.

I have had a "service keyless entry" message. Seems like a computer generated thing. Might need a new (key) battery.