Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spitfire green MY16 redline Ute with amcat canopy.
So washing my 5 week old redline ute today and noticed this on the rear bumper. It's cracking in the paint, does anyone have an explanation or are Holden going to blame me if I ask for warranty?

Attachments

• tmp_24647-20170224_195138-1209696770.jpg
    tmp_24647-20170224_195138-1209696770.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 311

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
So washing my 5 week old redline ute today and noticed this on the rear bumper. It's cracking in the paint, does anyone have an explanation or are Holden going to blame me if I ask for warranty?

It's clearly taken a hit. No way will it be a warranty job

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those white marks would be the reflection of soap suds on the otherwise pristine paint yep must have taken a mystical hit that left no other marks in the few km since it was last washed.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those white marks would be the reflection of soap suds on the otherwise pristine paint yep must have taken a mystical hit that left no other marks in the few km since it was last washed.
Ok well to the naked eye those 'soap suds' look very similar to impact damage, so perhaps a little clarification in your original post may have been in order.

In any case..if it's on the bumper, then that's a fairly flexible area of the car and it wouldn't take much bending for the paint to crack. I'd certainly give warranty a try but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Warranty would be a pretty long shot I suppose I'm just frustrated!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Warranty would be a pretty long shot I suppose I'm just frustrated!

Yep I'd be filthy too. I had a good look over my car yesterday and my missus has managed to scratch every wheel..I'm seething but what can you do!?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Yep I'd be filthy too. I had a good look over my car yesterday and my missus has managed to scratch every wheel..I'm seething but what can you do!?

Last weekend I pretty much came out and said that I'm not confident with my wife's driving anymore in regards to wheels staying new. I caused tears and I felt pretty bad, but my wheels were proud of me for having the balls to have that conversation.

The result is that she can drive the Volvo how she likes and will only use the SS in real emergencies, which is unlikely that I wouldn't be around to do the driving anyway.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline

You can buy her a driving course for her birthday. Won't go down well but the message might get through

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
"its only a car"; don't you just hate hearing that?