Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I had an issue with my CalaisV mirrors doing the same thing, they had corroded plugs on the wiring loom in the doors and were replaced under warranty.
It took me quite a while to convince the dealership though, video footage helped.

I had the benefit of three salesmen, two mechanics, the service bod and the service manager hovering around the car trying to get it to work :)

Was yours a problem whichever key you used or just the one (like mine)?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I had the benefit of three salesmen, two mechanics, the service bod and the service manager hovering around the car trying to get it to work :)

Was yours a problem whichever key you used or just the one (like mine)?

I never tried the second key, it still had not been used when I sold the car.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I drove home from the dealer with both keys in the centre console with no problems except that it put all the radio stations onto the key that I decided not to use so I had to reprogram, no biggie.

Steve_2605

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Commodore SV6 Black Edition

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
2016 VF SV6 Black Edition

20,000 Transmission control module failed
28,000 Steering rack and motor replaced
32,000 Timing cover resealed
33,000 (TODAY)Check engine light and service ESP on dash car went into limp mode it eventually died and is still at dealership
Also spotted both headlight lenses have melted so possibly an electrical fault somewhere??

Not having much luck with this one..

Precisely why our pathetic government need to introduce lemon laws. Although yours wouldn't comply as they have all been different faults.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Damm unlucky, hope dealer experience is better than the car.
Total agree with dgp, we need lemon laws, and they should include rules for what's happening to steve_2605 car, so the car companies look after you when, multiple failures happen.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Anyone noticed any bonnet vibration on their VF2? After a couple of trips on the cement section of the M1 motorway at 100 kmh it seems the back edge may be vibrating - of course it could be just the whole car relative to my eyes because that section is really noisy to drive over

BigDog80

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR
Hi peeps, I have noticed that my driver seat of my 3 month old SV6 has collapsed and there is no more support from the bucket part of the seat. Has anyone ells have the same problem?

Yeah, I have noticed this after only 1000kms. I'm 105kgs, but still... The seat is actually quite uncomfortable to sit in now, which isn't great for long haul trips...

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Not really a fault but a weird one. When I pair my mobile phone is says "My Chevrolet" and not "My Holden"