Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hey All,
I had a minor panel and paint repair done on my VF1 Redline recently. When I got it back I noticed the fuel consumption best figures were cleared and the avg was at 39.9L/100. This was the same for 25, 100 and 500 K's.
Since then, the best has gone to 39.9L and stayed there. This is not correct.
Has anyone seen this before or know what the issue is? I assume it stems from a flat battery at the panel shop.
Cheers,

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Cuda, that's interesting. Only yesterday I noticed that mine maxes out at the same 39.9 even when I'm getting up it (LS3). I would be interested in any feedback too.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cuda, that's interesting. Only yesterday I noticed that mine maxes out at the same 39.9 even when I'm getting up it (LS3). I would be interested in any feedback too.
Hey Dgp,
That's normal mate. They're designed with a 39.9 upper limit on the display.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, just like it started, last night it started to fix itself. The avg and best figures for 25 km's both started counting backwards from 39.9. As soon as I clocked up 100 k's distance c travelled, it started counting down too. They both bottomed out at aroun 11L/100. I've no doubt the 500 k results will do the same when I have travelled 500 k, since it seems to have reset itself. Almost like it was in a recalibration mode. Curious.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
My vf2 might have a issue with its heating and cooling...... from low - 26c its just cold, and after 26c its just hot, too hot.
No warm, just cold or really hot... is this commom issue?

I have the same issue, anyone else in the same boat and did/how was it fixed? I'm hoping at my next service in 4 weeks the dealership can rectify this (system flash)?

JAK.

My VF Calais V is exactly the same. Ive heard its a common thing with the VF's. They changed the manufacturer of the aircon unit or something. My VY series 2 Calais was perfect. Dual climate control and total comfort. I would say the aircon is the only thing i am unhappy with in the VF. The rest of the car is amazing.

greggnleah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF sv6 wagon 2005 VZ LX6 Adventra
Has anyone looked closely at the door handles , mine are the same color but on the cover pieces were the key inserts on the driver door and the other doors with out the key hole haven't been hit as thick with the paint and you can see through to the grey under coat,,, ( sun of a gun grey wagon )

anyone else seen this....

Also on the dash were the heads up display square cutout is , if you look at the vinyl/leather rapped top padded piece through the front window the points either side of the square cut out arnt covered properly and the vinyl/leather looks to be pealing back on the points,,, i walked through holden today and 4 out of 6 are the same,

Foosky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais V
Hi all, I'm having issues with a vf calais v. Drove the car today and it came up with a rear brake light fault. It was correct the left brake light wasn't working, but I've noticed that the right boot parker, front left indicator, the front right low beam and front right parker have all stopped working. So far I've tested the rear brake light and it works when I put 12v to it. It just seems too coincidental that they've all stopped working at once.

I'm planning to take it to an auto elec, but am curious if anyone has seen or heard of something similar.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Did u check the fuses?