Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I find it humorous that they de-badge the chevy's in the states and put holden badges on them... Seems as if the grass is greener etc.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
The car will only idle for five minutes on remote start and you can only remote start it twice before you have to start it properly.

I thought it was 10 minutes?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Today, jumped in the car and noticed how warm it was so I went to turn the heating down. It was only on 21 when usually it needs to be on 25 or 26 to get some warmth out of it.
I turned it down to 19 and 5 minutes later could still feel this warm air blowing.
I then noticed that the airflow direction had not been selected - not floor, screen, vents etc - none of them were illuminated.

Why would the heating work better when it is configured like that? If I had floor or screen selected, there is no way I would have had warm air at just 19.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
been an issue for ages with vfs
i have had 27 on the dials blowing cold and 20 on the dials blowing hot.
also my right vent blows regardless

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
also my right vent blows regardless

Apparently its a safety feature so the window doesnt fog up... My old vz ss never blew air out of the right hand vent and I didn't crash...

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
its a pain, just means i have to manyally close it.
love my car but wish they woudl sort the mess of an climate controll system out.
why change something that works perfectly fine for no advantage or valid reason.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I know some people have issues with their A/C. But mine works brilliantly. Just a thought though the temp of the air flowing from the vents is going to be dependent on the ambient temp in the cabin. If the cabin temp is say 6deg, and you select 18deg on the climate control thermostat, then it will start pumping out hot air. Conversely if the interior ambient temp is say 30deg and you select say 26deg then it will start the aircon and pump cool/cold air. The point is the temp on the thermo dial is not the temp you want the A/C to pump out, it's the temp you are telling it to establish and maintain. The greater the variance between the ambient temp and the selected temp, the greater the heating or cooling will be. If the thermo temp is below the selected temp it will heat, conversely if the thermo temp I above the selected temp it will heat.

JackB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm Sedan Auto
It took a while for some one to actually say it. The point is, it's a climate control. Not just a heater or A/C, it's both.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
They also called it climate control in the previous models and it didn't piss everyone off. Has the definition of climate control now changed in the dictionary?