Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Does anybody have a step-by-step of how to remove the aerial base from a sportwagon? Would be the same as a VE.
Looks easy enough, taking some plastics from the inside of the tailgate, just not sure which trims and how, don't want to snap anything!!

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Does anybody have a step-by-step of how to remove the aerial base from a sportwagon? Would be the same as a VE.
Looks easy enough, taking some plastics from the inside of the tailgate, just not sure which trims and how, don't want to snap anything!!
Just park it at Sunshine, someone there will remove it for you, at no cost!

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Poor Old Mum and I are off on a road trip in May - 10,000kms in 3 weeks.

I've noticed that when I settle into a comfortable driving position my left knee rests (and therefore rubs) on the centre console, about where the vertical join is. Not a prob around town or short trips but it will wear thin (pardon the pun) on a longer venture.

I plan to stick a bit of neoprene on the area (of the car, not the knee) but in the spirit of discussion was wondering if anyone else had an issue with it, and/or had a more elegant solution?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Poor Old Mum and I are off on a road trip in May - 10,000kms in 3 weeks.

I've noticed that when I settle into a comfortable driving position my left knee rests (and therefore rubs) on the centre console, about where the vertical join is. Not a prob around town or short trips but it will wear thin (pardon the pun) on a longer venture.

I plan to stick a bit of neoprene on the area (of the car, not the knee) but in the spirit of discussion was wondering if anyone else had an issue with it, and/or had a more elegant solution?

Yep, I've noticed exactly the same thing and find it quite irritating. I'm not really concerned about any wear issues, but rather the discomfort it causes my knee.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Meant that my tolerance for it is "wearing thin" :)

Ok, so there's two of us.

I'm thinking class action...

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Ok, so there's two of us.

Three of us. I noticed it from the get-go, but decided to put up with it. A neat, comfortable solution would be fantastic. Is it possible to get hold of the 'soft-touch' padded material Holden use for the armrest, etc.?

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Seen an interesting VF 2? at the mechanics next to work today. Looked like a SSVR to me, but the plot thickened. Jungle Green, black HF 20's, sports armour, bonnet scoops, sunroof etc, walked around to have a look at the back and I could see where the SV 6 badge had been removed, what the? Then had a look at the dash and no HUD, obviously somebody liked the look of the SSVR so much that they've turned their SV6 into one.

Kman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Acclaim; (On order for July delivery: MSE)
Seen an interesting VF 2? at the mechanics next to work today. Looked like a SSVR to me, but the plot thickened. Jungle Green, black HF 20's, sports armour, bonnet scoops, sunroof etc, walked around to have a look at the back and I could see where the SV 6 badge had been removed, what the? Then had a look at the dash and no HUD, obviously somebody liked the look of the SSVR so much that they've turned their SV6 into one.

P plate approved lol

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Hey all
After driving the new wagon the other day apart from the normal exhaust cooling tinking noises I heard what sounded like water on hot metal...Upon inspection it appears that there is water dripping onto the exhaust beside the gearbox, on both sides.. At first I was thinking aircon drips, but it seems too far back, would expect that around the firewall area. Thoughts?

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
My DIE HARD Ford mate bought his "missus" a brand new VFII MY16 SV6 Commodore. When comparing the Commodores with the Falcons you just get so much more for your money. Admittedly the new Mustangs are a beautiful car but since his missus is technically the one who will be using it day to day a Mustang wouldn't have been practical. It's just comical because he has Ford posters all over his walls and supports them in the V8s but has a Commodore sitting in his garage.

I really do love the VF range.