Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They give a **** as much as any other car company, however their business model was never intended to rely on repeat business due to either product quality/longevity or customer service. Unlike Lexus, who produces mind-numbingly boring everything (it takes true talent to make a V10 supercar boring), yet once someone buys a Lexus and experiences the lack-of-repairs & the customer service they rarely switch marques (and if they do it once - it's not for long before they go running back) ... but like American retail customer-service, don't mistake that Lexus customer-service as Corporate HQ giving a ****, they just think the investment on That Stuff will get more money out of you.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
They give a **** as much as any other car company, however their business model was never intended to rely on repeat business due to either product quality/longevity or customer service. Unlike Lexus, who produces mind-numbingly boring everything (it takes true talent to make a V10 supercar boring), yet once someone buys a Lexus and experiences the lack-of-repairs & the customer service they rarely switch marques (and if they do it once - it's not for long before they go running back) ... but like American retail customer-service, don't mistake that Lexus customer-service as Corporate HQ giving a ****, they just think the investment on That Stuff will get more money out of you.
Yep, no car company really cares about anyone as an individual, it's just business to them expressed in $$'s by some boring spreadsheet... But some brands are more interested in your repeat business and as such treat you in a way where you'll consider spending your hard earned $$ with them.. That was never Holden... they relied on nationalism and rusted on loyalist :rolleyes:

Since my VF purchase and service experiances, both being poorly handled, had Holden remained in business and had interesting cars on offer, I'd still go look elsewhere to spend my cash... A rusted on loyalists I am not and they don't deserve my money... Just a few more years of Holden to maintain warranty and service provenance and i'm done with them as an organisation :rolleyes:

I still want updated satnav maps but it seems the only way forward is an androind box to get AA/ACP or a portable satnav stuck to the windscreen :(

PS: it takes real talent to turn a supercar into a really fast comfy couch :p That v10 does sound good through :cool:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
For my buying experience, Holden is EXACTLY what I expected them to be. The product is just a billionty times better than it ever should have been, extrapolating from pre-VE experience. Like, massively amounts better. Like, I can't believe it's the same manufacturer better. Aussies are just awesome engineers when faced with cable-tie-and-elastic-band budgets, full-stop.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
For my buying experience, Holden is EXACTLY what I expected them to be. The product is just a billionty times better than it ever should have been, extrapolating from pre-VE experience. Like, massively amounts better. Like, I can't believe it's the same manufacturer better. Aussies are just awesome engineers when faced with cable-tie-and-elastic-band budgets, full-stop.
Yes the car is great, aspects of the engineering is great and it should have been exported around the glode so other markets could enjoy it... But none of that relates to the shite puchase dramas, shite service (had grease or something smeared on the centre consol) and the fact Holden don't care to release map updates (or one last Mylink firmware update to allow others to sell map data to owners since Holden can't be farked).

Great car let down by the clowns that provide service and support :mad:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
For my buying experience, Holden is EXACTLY what I expected them to be. The product is just a billionty times better than it ever should have been, extrapolating from pre-VE experience. Like, massively amounts better. Like, I can't believe it's the same manufacturer better.

My thoughts with the VF, entirely.