Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS wheels

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
According to Nev, that's a casting number. See his post a bit earlier on. I learnt that today as well.
I would have took it for the part number too.
Yeah i saw it but its a bit confusing - is the theory that the rims with the confirmed 138 stamp are actually the 140 part number?

If so that's pretty odd ...

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Yeah i saw it but its a bit confusing - is the theory that the rims with the confirmed 138 stamp are actually the 140 part number?

I'd say all the rims would have 138. Once they are painted up, they would get their proper holden part number which would be stickered to the wheel and that's the number that would be referenced in the parts list.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute

No, it's a casting part number I think. When I checked with the Holden dealer, they gave me 3 variants and part numbers and what models they fitted. I suspect they all may have the 138-part number cast into them.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok
So who wants to buy 5 "900" VF17 calais rims. Car has done 18k. Like new NO gutter rash. A few scrapes inside the wheel where the numbnuts at bridgestone pulled off the balancing weights. Can't be seen once fitted to the car.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
No, it's a casting part number I think. When I checked with the Holden dealer, they gave me 3 variants and part numbers and what models they fitted. I suspect they all may have the 138-part number cast into them.
As confusing as that sounds it might actually explain the hassles i had tracking down a spare

Just out of interest - @ KING can you look on the back of your spare and see if its stamped with the 138 number?

This thread will help anyone else in future tracking down a spare..

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
As confusing as that sounds it might actually explain the hassles i had tracking down a spare

Just out of interest - @ KING can you look on the back of your spare and see if its stamped with the 138 number?

This thread will help anyone else in future tracking down a spare..
Yep should be able to have a look tomorrow. Unless someone has one laying around a garage or workshop.....

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
thanks Nev - so there we go , looks like mystery solved
The other 3 part numbers KING46Calais V posted are correct, I found the piece of paper I wrote them on when talking to our Holden dealer.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Ok
So who wants to buy 5 "900" VF17 calais rims. Car has done 18k. Like new NO gutter rash. A few scrapes inside the wheel where the numbnuts at bridgestone pulled off the balancing weights. Can't be seen once fitted to the car.
Might be better if you split? Buying 5 in a hit is hefty!

I’ve actually been looking for a couple as I have gutter rash on two of my rims. MY17 Calais V, it’s what happens when you let the wife drive instead of yourself. (Oops!!)