Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Water leaking ALL over front passenger floor

SSVMicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi fella's, yep I have exactly the same issue with my 2/14 SSV Redline, and also discovered by my Girlfriends handbag being saturated on the passenger side floor...

I have booked it in for 2 weeks time and the service advisor has informed me of the issue that has been discussed on here. I'm keen to fix it myself but does anyone know exactly how to do it? I'm thinking a dehumidifier for a couple of days and not running the A/C (lucky it has cooled down a bit in Sydney).

I'll have a look on the net also but if any details are available it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Y

Yarsii

Recall 14-CS-02 released today for VF/WN. It's an inspection of the A/C drain grommet, and if the foam seal has been damaged (thus causing a water leak), the foam seal is replaced with a rubber one. Also carpet may be replaced if smelly/mouldy.

Letters to be sent out from May for affected vehicles.

lamb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0L auto
Hey guys,
I bought a VF SS-V sedan in June and I'm having the same issue. I drove it back home about 400k's in the rain, when I got it home noticed the carpets in the passenger side back seat was soaked through. Same thing, Holden said A/C I said there was a heap of water for just the a/c and that I drove it home in the rain but they were adement it was the a/c. So apparently it has had the grommet repaired however, just a day after recent heavy rain the front passenger seat is wet again which would suggest that it is not just an a/c problem. I was wondering if anyone has got an update on a possible cause and/or repair. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
We have to check every VF that comes in for this fault, if its been leaking and has damaged the carpet.. we replace the carpet
If its just started to leak we just replace the AC drain tube foam block for a rubber grommet

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
Well its my turn now. MY16 build Redline wagon. Done 22,000KM.
Pissing out water all over front passenger carpet

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
Same here - 12/2015 build MY16 Redline with saturated carpets on the passenger side only, both front and rear :(

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
Same here - 12/2015 build MY16 Redline with saturated carpets on the passenger side only, both front and rear :(
Yep 12/2015 for me too. Car fcking smells. Dropping it into the dealership tomorrow.
Have two rust 'dots' in my carpet now from the metal studs under the holden floor mats. You best believe i'll be getting them to dry and clean the carpet!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Traded in my 2015 VF SSV ute for a 2016 VF2 SSVR ute early this year, when I took the passenger side floor mat out, I noticed it was rather damp but not soaked. Guess it is something which needs to be checked from time to time.

ADEL BIN GHANEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
evoke vf
Hi guys

I have same issue my floor passenger seat getting wet when I use A/C. my Holden Commodore is 2014. I took my car to my mechanic 2 times but still problem not fix. Please, if any one know any auto repair shop or a good Holden Dealer in Perth can fix it with reasonable price. I am apricated to any advise.

Best regards
Adel