Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Does your insurance have lifetime repair guarantee ?

It would be a shame if something impacted your screen such that it had to be replaced under insurance.
Haha. Yeah, nah, Holden can step up to the plate.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Thanks Anthony. That worries me a little. As succesful as the Inox etal solution has been, it can only be a short term solution. I think ultimately both screens will need to come out and be refitted properly. No worse than having a cracked windscreen replaced though, I suppose. Should be done by an expert with at least equal to factory warranty though. If not lifetime.
Maybe after time the seal seals up with junk and doesn’t make the noise anymore. It’s only a rubber seal that’s the issue. I’m keeping an eye on mine as I drive the car daily now.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Does your insurance have lifetime repair guarantee ?

It would be a shame if something impacted your screen such that it had to be replaced under insurance.
Haha, that’s fraud but we’ll visit you in the slammer... :p

myls362

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I have a Feb 2017 build Redline. I now have 20,000 km on it. The creak started about 10,000 km ago. Has been really annoying. I really thought it was the sunroof. Every time it rained the creak went away. We haven't had much rain so the creak remained.

Today its about 20 degrees and the car was creaking quite a bit. I finally pushed down at the top of the windscreen and replicated the squeak right across the top. I have now put silicone spray underneath the seal using one of those plastic trim removers. The creak is now gone! Will wait until after Easter to call it.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
mines been good since applying the spray to the seal

myls362

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I have read through all the posts and it sounds like a batch of seals was the issue. Has anyone figured out build dates? Someone else had a Feb 2017 build. Can I assume Jan to say March 2017 cars are effected? My 2011 SV6 and 2013 SS didn’t have this issue.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think one poster also mentioned his vehicle didn’t have windscreen bond fully applied and that allowed the windscreen to flex when pushed.

From what seems to have been stated, a noisy seal is an annoyance while a poorly bonded windscreen is a possibly a safety concern as it is used to control airbag inflation?

Ausroamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Mine is a Jul 17 build. No issues since applying the spray.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Silicon spray along the top rubber fixed my windscreen noise. Very happy the screen did not have to come out.
I've replied to my own message as the car has started making a noise again. So I got about 7 months out of the spray before it needs anothe application. Fingers crossed it works again.