Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Commodore front and rear bar molds

What do you think?

• I'd be interested in buying the front mold

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • I'd be interested in buying the rear SL mold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd be interested in buying the rear SLE mold

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Not worth the trouble of getting it reproduced

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
I'm working on a set of front bar commodore badges as we speak. It's a little cheaper to have them made and no minimum order for me. Hopefully I'll be able to show you some photos of the finished product in a few weeks.

Only thing is that they won't be made of plastic but metal, which to me isn't a bad thing.

I placed a request for the bar moulds with RSP almost 3 years ago when I had my other VH. I'm still looking into having this made myself but might take a bit of time.

Cool thanks I would be interested in seeing some pics, although being metal how would you attach? Also genuinely interested in the bar moulds, I plan to freshen up the exterior next year some time, paint etc.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I had been scouring flea-bay for years trying to locate a pair of NOS front bumber badges with no luck, finally a pair came up but the sale price was over $500 (from memory) which I was, and still am not prepared to pay!

Do Rare Spares have them with their increasing parts list? I also have an original NOS rear boot Commordore badge but have been unsuccessful in finding the equivalent SL/E badge - the non gen ones I have seen and bought are nothing like the original....
they do have a a badge that is similar to the bumper badge but you have to use adhesive of some sort to stick it on.

as for the front grill and boot lid badges...all mine are new from rare spares and look and fit good imo

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Without a doubt would buy the SL/E rear mold.

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Also would like to see some Tail lights re manufactured for Vh's as I cant find a set that's not cracked, broken or falling apart as you touch it...

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
Cool thanks I would be interested in seeing some pics, although being metal how would you attach? Also genuinely interested in the bar moulds, I plan to freshen up the exterior next year some time, paint etc.

The commodore front bar badges would be made with pins on the back that are inserted into the rubber mould just like the original badges. Looking at getting the rear commodore badge done too.

Just so everyone's aware, I'm not a manufacturer of this kind of stuff so the time frames to have this all researched and made is out of my hands and the costs are coming straight out of my own pockets. I'm just getting tired of waiting around for them to be reproduced by someone else. This may even spring someone like RSP into action

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
The commodore front bar badges would be made with pins on the back that are inserted into the rubber mould just like the original badges. Looking at getting the rear commodore badge done too.

Just so everyone's aware, I'm not a manufacturer of this kind of stuff so the time frames to have this all researched and made is out of my hands and the costs are coming straight out of my own pockets. I'm just getting tired of waiting around for them to be reproduced by someone else. This may even spring someone like RSP into action

Totally fair enough. Perhaps get a syndicate together to all invest (prepay) in the bar moulds. Obviously such investors would want some kind of warrantee from the manufacturer where the final product meets expectation. You seem to have done a fair bit of research and running around already which is appreciated.

Just thinking out loud, food for thought in any event.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Maybe start a crowd funding exercise to get it up and running ?

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Iv seen the bumper bar badges come up on ebay but they are all the stick on types, in that saying they are genuine Holden but the original ones have 4 pins on the back. I have 1 NOS badge with the 4 pins on the back but haven't seen another in over 7 years off searching.

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
The VH badges on the back of the car (Commodore and SL, SL/X and SL/E) are all stuck on except for the Holden badge that goes around the boot keyhole (this has pins). Badges on the grille and side commodore badges that go on the front bar all have pins.

The badges that I've had made are almost done. They did a couple of test "Commodore" badges that goes on the boot and on the front bumper and they all turned out excellent, just trying to match the colouring now. I'm also trying to get the chrome bits that fit around the inside door lock and handle made out of cast metal and chromed. fingers crossed these turn out too.

No luck with the rubber molds that go over the chrome bars. The guys I went to had originally told me it could be done but when I turned up with my mold, they said it was a different type of material to what they were expecting. I'm back to square one now looking for a rubber extrusions manufacturer.