Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Race Car - Roll cage now in

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
lil_oneblue ill will try an get away from work on thurs to post it to ya, sorry about not replying to you. That outta the way, anyone interested in how this is going, well i got a new shell, i have the roll cage in now (funny thats how the car was when i stzarted this thread) and i got the motor in too now, and it started after the second push of the button, so im relieved about that, anyone that wants to hear it, its YouTube - Holden V8 with no exhaust after rebuild on youtube, and ill try and get a hold of the vid of me crashing it and post that up as well

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
What happened mate? :eek:

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
lil_oneblue ill will try an get away from work on thurs to post it to ya, sorry about not replying to you. That outta the way, anyone interested in how this is going, well i got a new shell, i have the roll cage in now (funny thats how the car was when i stzarted this thread) and i got the motor in too now, and it started after the second push of the button, so im relieved about that, anyone that wants to hear it, its YouTube - Holden V8 with no exhaust after rebuild on youtube, and ill try and get a hold of the vid of me crashing it and post that up as well

Been another 2 weeks mate and you still have not filled your end of our deal we made 6 months ago! Deal is a Deal. I helped you out by posting my end of the deal quickly before you posted yours just so you could get your car on the road again. you have not bothered in 6 months to post the diff cent back to me as per the swap.

Please get onto it as you are now holding up my build.

thankyou
Jason

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
ben yet another 2 weeks and you still have not replied. I need to know if you are going to finish you end of the deal or not? as your holding up my build.

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
still no reply. looks like your quite happy to rip me of??????????

deal is a deal mate how aussie are you?

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
wow, car has changed heaps, it got rebuilt, then stacked,then box went bang, so now has a V8 3 spd box, then writen off again, then rebuilt, then won a race in it :D then crashed, then fixed, then more races and a heap of seconds and thirds, and a couple more wins, then last time i raced it i had 2 thirds and a second for the night, was comin 4th in a 25 lap final with 4 laps to go when the faithfull 253 spun 3 bearings :(
BUT that was the motivation needed for a 308
Engine Specs:
.040" Over small bowl pistons
Deck height zeroed
arp rod bolts
rollmaster timing set
HUGE cam :D
blue heads with about .060" removed
+.100" valve springs and +.050 retainers
10.5:1 Comp
inlet plenum opened up
retuned quaddie

it should hammer, still waiting for machine shop to get back from holidays so i can pick up inlet, but i am looking forward to getting it running
So car over all
VC/H/K commodore body
Full Roll Cage
5 point harness
Plastic race seat
Stripped Interior
Race style start button and switches
25L fuel cell
5"Tacho with oil press, oil temp and water temp digital display built in
Worked 308
lightened fywheel
twin 2 1/4" exhaust straight through with a 15" hotdog on each pipe finishing in front of diff
3 Spd box with floor shift
modified VH tailshaft running to VL 3.23 diff
15x7 VL calais rims
regrooved radials
VK Grp A bilstein front shock with VR FE2 springs
Wilkinson performance slide adjustable strut mounts with solid mounted top bearing
pedders gas ride shocks in rear with lovels ultra low springs

Will get some pics up when i can find them and a new vid once motor is in and running, and maybe a vid of me running it in at my cousins farm