Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Turbo? What works? Also auto trans question.

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
Thats just what im fearing..... :/ how high was he revving it? redline? and what he drop it into, d, 2, L?
Does it make a difference what gear its dropped into?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i was driving today nand acedently dropped it into neutral :S no idea what i did :|

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
ohh :s i did that once, but i thought i had it in 2nd... turns out it was in drive...
but i shifted it calmly back into drive, no revs.. Dont really wanna damage it as its my daily..

Okay boys, News, Im actually, seriously thinking about a RB30 Turbo or something out of a VL being bolted into my VH.
I have looked around and i can easily get whole running VL turbos fairly cheap.
Im saving for another daily, hopefully a 4x4, then i think once thats done, ill seriously get a VL turbo and start the conversion, Of course i would like it to be legal and all, so ill have to get a engineer aswell.
I believe i could do this, and it would actually be fairly decent. I will post pictures and do a portfolio and all when i start, If i am going to go ahead with it.
I thought about scrapping it all and going for a VL, but I personally prefer the look of a VH, and the one I have is in fairly good condition.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Pics of yours?

cycloneracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore L Sedan
Gotta love the "One day I am going to do this to my car" threads...

Personally I prefer the "Look at what I have ACTUALLY DONE to my car" threads...