Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibration still !!!!!!!!

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss

yer mate well seems we could help eachother out . Ill keep you posted if i come up with any thing mate

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
i spoke to one mechanic about the exhaust being to stiff because the driverside extractor sitts lower than the passengers side one about an inch lower and it seems stiffer than the passenger one

i no that one off my engine mounts is a new one and the other is original .

What about you replace the other engine mount as well...could be the motors sitting lower on one side with a stuffed engine mount.
One cactus mount will still transfer vibrations.

Hey Jimi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Hey Guys,
Ive sorta got this as well but it comes and goes.My VS is dual fuel and does it on both so its not fuel related.put new o2 sensors and its much better.Plugs are fairly new but noticed a rust colored ring on the ceramic part next to the metal hex on three of them.I also noticed that compression is down on the front 2 cylinders on the drivers side and there are small bubbles in the radiator.No water in oil so a gasket job coming up.

Did have a vibration years ago on my WB ute straight six and it was a stuffed water pump.It loosened my starter motor just enough to stop the mesh.that took a couple of weeks to figure out.
Cheers Jim

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss

hey all pretty sure i figured out the problem with the vibration ( not a rattle vibration) im almost certain it is the exhaust system i have got . the way i figured it out was my mate with the exact same car just got his exhuast done the same as mine and he started getting the same thing as i was so i think that is the issue

sleepyjean

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
I still think its the torque converter or flexplate, torque convertor could have dropped a vane and the extra revs lock it all up hiding the problem until the revs drop

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss

if it was the torque converter is there a way i can check this issue you have said
cheers

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
I would be checking for vacuum leak - mine was like that - there is a line under the throttle body which goes to a valve controlled by the computer & then draws form the carbon cannister - the valve could be crook if the lines are not off - otherwise go around the manifolds with soapy water & if your careful some carby clean on a "cold" motor to locate leaks -

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss

ill try that on the weekend mate cheers . i was just wondering if any one had picture of a vs ecotec aircon compressor unit still attached to there car so i can compare wether i have any missing bolts because there seems to be some sorta bolts missing on the aircon to engine .just wonna comfirm what i am seeing cheers any body who can help me