Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Driving high powered vehicles on P's for work.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Thanks for your help guys. My boss and I didn't understand it exactly because of the way it's written, but all that info has helped alot.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
so if your a p plater, you can pretty much buy a high performance vechical with your own abn number then say its for work?

ffestival

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford WB Festiva
Yeah I know what you're saying. I'm not fussed if I can't drive the VS (it would be nice to be able to), I can get my dad to take it for a drive sometimes so at least it gets a run. But yeah, road testing customers cars is part of my job, it's not like I would ever thrash a customers car or do anything stupid because I respect other peoples property, I treat customers cars better then I treat my own cars haha.

If I drive normally then there shouldn't be any problems, but if the police see P-Plates on a car, then look at the badge and it says "SS", "V8", "Supercharged", "F6", "GT", etc, then they will be wondering why a P-Plater is driving those sort of cars.

I could probably even get away with driving my VS on my P's because it still has the ecotec V6 badge and the engine number on the rego sticker is still the same as the old engine, but I don't want to risk it, knowing my luck (and I am a very unlucky person), ill take the car out once, get pulled over, asked to open the bonnet, and then ill have to end up leaving the car on the side of the road. And I just don't want to imagine the car getting stolen or every window smashed and everything stolen out of it :( It would literally kill me if something like that ever happened to my VS, or even the Statesman.

### you talk **** as soon as you get behind the wheel of a powerful car like you have listed you would thrash the ### out of it no matter whos car it is especially a f6 or gt. as for leaving your car on the side of the road i hope this does happen and your car gets torched if not then at least stolen and torched then hopfully you will see that you have waisted all your time and money on an old pointless car instead of something later model. i dont even think any pplater should be on the road they are a hazard and cause more acidents a year then anyone else

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
### you talk **** as soon as you get behind the wheel of a powerful car like you have listed you would thrash the ### out of it no matter whos car it is especially a f6 or gt. as for leaving your car on the side of the road i hope this does happen and your car gets torched if not then at least stolen and torched then hopfully you will see that you have waisted all your time and money on an old pointless car instead of something later model. i dont even think any pplater should be on the road they are a hazard and cause more acidents a year then anyone else

Who the hell is this guy? Really getting annoyed and frustrated with you. Of course I don't thrash customers cars, that would be abusing the trust I have with my boss to be driving a customers car safely and then I wont be allowed or trusted to road test a customers car. As for my car getting stolen and torched, good luck with that. If I did break down on the side of the road, or get pulled over and told to leave my car, I would refuse to leave until my car is towed home safely. I see at least one car a week on the western freeway that is parked on the side, then within a couple of days if it is not moved, every window is smashed, so I would never leave my car for that reason.

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
### you talk **** as soon as you get behind the wheel of a powerful car like you have listed you would thrash the ### out of it no matter whos car it is especially a f6 or gt.

So you know him personally? I think it's you talking **** and baiting members for no reason.

i hope this does happen and your car gets torched

You are a sad old man who has nothing better than to sit on a forum and troll members.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
when I used to be a mechanic at bmw , i used to have to drive v8's ,turbo's etc . And the big high up boss said i was covered to drive under there insurance the company had ?. No idea if its the truth or not as that guy was a pretty shady character

VIC_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
so if your a p plater, you can pretty much buy a high performance vechical with your own abn number then say its for work?

I'm saying that if you operate your own business and decide to buy a V8 and use that car for your business purposes, yes you could buy a high performance vehicle and drive it around doing your own business things and if pulled over present your case to the police officer and be fine with it. It's up to the driver to provide enough evidence to the police officer at the time, if the office isn't satisfied he can still book you and you then would need to take it to be heard at a magistrate court and present your case (this is very unlikely but they can do it this way and it will happen if they think your doing something dodgy around the system).

Pretty much its like this, if your run your own business and your young on your P plates you have the ability to carry on a responsibility to drive whatever car your business can afford to own. In the eyes of the Drivers Regulation 2009 it states that you do not need an exemption to drive a high powered vehicle if used for work purposes this includes your own work (self employed) or work asked to be done by your employer. I carry around my business card, a copy of my company registration and abn registration and by presenting this to the officer I have been pulled over by have never had any problems in fact there generally happy just seeing my business card. Let me assure you though if your caught doing an act of excessive speeding, reckless driving, endangering other drivers on the road and your pulled over you will need everything you can to prove you are driving a high powered vehicle under the right reasons and if your not, don't expect to get away with it!

Disclaimer: This is only speculation and I do not advise or take responsibility for any action your take based on the information I provide here. If in doubt please contact a legal representative before taking action as I do not hold responsibility for the result of anything you may do based on my speculation and/or theory'd advise.

Last edited:

VIC_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
when I used to be a mechanic at bmw , i used to have to drive v8's ,turbo's etc . And the big high up boss said i was covered to drive under there insurance the company had ?. No idea if its the truth or not as that guy was a pretty shady character

I would believe this as a lot of insurance brokers today that sort out the right insurance for the business at hand insure all employed workers, they don't generally look at each specific employeee for insurance.

Disclaimer: This is only speculation and I do not advise or take responsibility for any action your take based on the information I provide here. If in doubt please contact a legal representative before taking action as I do not hold responsibility for the result of anything you may do based on my speculation and/or theory'd advise.

Last edited:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
regarding the ABN with P Plates to drive a v8

unless you can prove what you are doing is for work. then pretty much you are screwed.
so no driving it on weekends etc (unless you want to risk it)

also would it not look sus that you have a business with no income. yet a car is registered in that business isnt cheap? =P

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
This is an interesting topic.

Does this mean i could get my current car (Insured under my dad) insured under his company instead?
I work for him and i sometimes have to drive around for work. is there any reason i can't have the car registered to the company and if i get pulled over and they ask me about my exhaust, extractos, intake etc. I can just say it's a company car and i am using it for work?
Obviously i could align a better story but ritualisticly i do use it for work occasionally and its only a few minor modifications i never knew were illegal >.<

I am also from NSW