Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VicPol to crack down on people driving with their fog lights on

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I don't know how it works down south but up here most revenue from speeding tickets and the like pays for the cops wages, and then the rest goes to charities, I believe the Red Cross is the main beneficiary.

Sadly, this is incorrect.

Speed camera revenue

Distribution of revenue from camera-detected offences is restricted by the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995. This requires that all money collected from camera-detected offences (after paying administrative costs) be used for:

* road safety education and awareness programs
* road accident injury rehabilitation programs
* road funding to improve the safety of the sections of state-controlled roads where crashes happen most frequently.

Sourced from qld transport site, here: Speed cameras

Now, we all know that they fund pointless, ineffective campaigns telling people to slow down. Rehab programs, I don't know about. As for 'improving the safety of the sections of state-controlled roads where crashes happen most frequently', this just translates into putting up more speed cameras. Incidentally, red light fines are distributed in the same way.

Very effective safety measures :rolleyes:

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac

Now, we all know that they fund pointless, ineffective campaigns telling people to slow down. Rehab programs, I don't know about. As for 'improving the safety of the sections of state-controlled roads where crashes happen most frequently', this just translates into putting up more speed cameras. Incidentally, red light fines are distributed in the same way.

They arent pointless, funding stupid adds telling people to slow down is far more effective than subsidising proper driver training for L and P-platers. LOL.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Bugger, a cop top me the Red Cross thing, oh well.

* road safety education and awareness programs

Because I can definitely see people getting smarter on our roads. Sarcasm intended.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
Personally its the biggest load of bull ever,

driving lights/fog lights, are aimed down/outward,

My brother got pulled over to be warned about them, he asked how they justify the law, apparently truck drivers get distracted by them shining into the trucks eye level... WTF

How can lights designed to luminate the ground directly infront of the vehicle, at road level, be aiming into a truck?

ridiculous,

just shows most laws are raised by bloody pencil pushers

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Personally its the biggest load of bull ever,

driving lights/fog lights, are aimed down/outward,

My brother got pulled over to be warned about them, he asked how they justify the law, apparently truck drivers get distracted by them shining into the trucks eye level... WTF

How can lights designed to luminate the ground directly infront of the vehicle, at road level, be aiming into a truck?

ridiculous,

just shows most laws are raised by bloody pencil pushers

its all about the mighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

VY2SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2 SS
I'm all for this law.

Nothing worse than seeing tools with their fog lights on during the day let alone at NIGHT when there's no "FOG".

Apparently it looks "sick bro".

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm all for this law.

Nothing worse than seeing tools with their fog lights on during the day let alone at NIGHT when there's no "FOG".

Apparently it looks "sick bro".

Use it for it's sole purpose you f'wits.

:rofl: 18 posts and calling members fwits?

Nice work.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No offence mate but just contributing my opinion.

Comment removed.

Your allowed an opinion, your just not allowed to go around calling people **** wits :p

Looking forward to driving the new car home tonight with the foggies going :D

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I seen a new shape Impreza hatch the other day with a Bull bar and 10" foggies on it.

A look for you minux?