Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian State Government

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
*sigh*

I see the Federal government has just named ANOTHER new authority...the Murray Darling Water Authority...
This is about the 10th new authority that will do nothing and will have no power. When the hell are Labor going to start actually governing this country rather than just introduce new authorities and studies etc....pathetic, really pathetic.

It is currently reported on Sky that the Vic government have had a change of heart and are now going to sign the Murray-Darling water management plan. I guess i'm a tad cynical but surely the change in government hasn't had anything to do with it?

To delay agreeing to such a scheme just because "the other mob" are in power is reprehensible. Both state and federal governments are elected to govern and what has happened here is a gross dereliction of duty by our state government. They are not fit to hold office.

Reaper

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Unfortunately with all governments that have held power for a great number of years they all grow complacent. The Vic government needs a kick in the arse to make them pull their heads out.

We still have about 2 or so years before the next election, hopefully a party will put up a decent contender against labor.

It is currently reported on Sky that the Vic government have had a change of heart and are now going to sign the Murray-Darling water management plan. I guess i'm a tad cynical but surely the change in government hasn't had anything to do with it?

Reaper

Who knows what was done to sweeten the deal for Brumby. I doubt it would have just been Rudds charm. You'd have to think he'd be getting something out of it other than just the satisfaction of not bowing down to a Federal Liberal Government.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Don't like John Brumby, he appears very arrogant and dictatorial to me. Not coming to the table and negotiating with the teachers and just sending in Minister Pike to say no, was poor.....he will most likely see a very strong backlash from both the electorate and the teachers.

Last edited:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Don't like John Brumby, he appears very arrogant and dictorial to me. Not coming to the table and negotiating with the teachers and just sending in Minister Pike to say no, was poor.....he will most likely see a very strong backlash from both the electorate and the teachers.

who are the teachers going to vote in? the liberals? lol that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

teflon steve bracks had a smooth style and was not arrogant or dictatorial. but he didn't get much done either.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
who are the teachers going to vote in? the liberals? lol that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

teflon steve bracks had a smooth style and was not arrogant or dictatorial. but he didn't get much done either.

? Can't imagine teachers on mass voting liberal, LOL, or waiting for the next election to take action. I was thinking of that the backlash would take the form of more immediate and pointed action.....reduction/elimination of services for weeks at a time.....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
? Can't imagine teachers on mass voting liberal, LOL, or waiting for the next election to take action. I was thinking of that the backlash would take the form of more immediate and pointed action.....reduction/elimination of services for weeks at a time.....

If teachers are so well off that they can afford to be without wages for weeks at a time then i doubt they need a pay rise.

Voting a government out is the best form of industrial action anyone can take. If libs were smart(yet to see an intelligent state lib leader in Vic since Kennett) they would be doing the typical labor ploy and jumping on the "we will do what you want" bandwagon.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
If teachers are so well off that they can afford to be without wages for weeks at a time then i doubt they need a pay rise.

Voting a government out is the best form of industrial action anyone can take. If libs were smart(yet to see an intelligent state lib leader in Vic since Kennett) they would be doing the typical labor ploy and jumping on the "we will do what you want" bandwagon.

Yeah as a teacher i will certainly back that. I know we should be paid more for both what we put up with and what teachers in other states get for doing the same job but a) I'm not a union member because it is difficult to find the extra $500 odd to join per year and b) i sure as hell can't afford to take days off let alone weeks off without pay.
For those reason i do not strike. It's like being between a rock and a hard place... People think because i don't strike i don't need the payrise when infact i don't strike because financially i can't afford to.
(and the work waits!!! nothing worse than missing a day and doing 2 days work when I get back to school).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah as a teacher i will certainly back that. I know we should be paid more for both what we put up with and what teachers in other states get for doing the same job but a) I'm not a union member because it is difficult to find the extra $500 odd to join per year and b) i sure as hell can't afford to take days off let alone weeks off without pay.
For those reason i do not strike. It's like being between a rock and a hard place... People think because i don't strike i don't need the payrise when infact i don't strike because financially i can't afford to.
(and the work waits!!! nothing worse than missing a day and doing 2 days work when I get back to school).

Well said, It seems the ones who want to cause this action(usually overpaid union heavies) seem to not have to worry about income.
Living with a teacher, I can say they deserve pay rises, there is no doubt about it, but so do nurses, so do police, so do fire staff, so do ambo's etc. This Labor government isn't giving anything to our essential services.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i wonder if it is because they are 'essential' that they think they will just keep happening without upkeep. Could be something in that.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
It's like being between a rock and a hard place... People think because i don't strike i don't need the payrise when infact i don't strike because financially i can't afford to.

Yes, school teachers dont earn a lot of money to be able to take a week off. Unfortunately, you are going to be a lot more out of pocket if you wait until the next election to take some action. What makes you think you are going to be better off under another government, especially considering the liberal governments track record in shutting down the state system. They are just only going to come up with the same excuses as the present government regardless of whether they promise to give you any pay rise.

Yes, school teachers dont earn a lot of money to be able to take a week off, and care about their students, feel compelled to take catch up the work they missed etc(there wont be any work to catch up on if the students are sent home and there are no sub teachers, if you dont get paid, dont do any catch up work, its that simple).......but that's the very sentiment Brumby is relying on in continuing to exploit you.

Essential service? since when do our fire, police, nurses and ambos etc close down simultaneously for weeks at a time. An important service for the future of Australians it is, essential in terms of there will be a threat to public safety and possible anarchy without it, no.. I dont think we need to call the army in to take classes if the teachers walk out.

From what I can gauge, there is enormous public support for the teachers on this matter. Call his bluff, if they government doesnt fold after a week of no school,(free babysitting) Id be very surprised. It wont even be the teachers that have to be "in his face", it will be all the concerned parents and the media that will give him an absolute flogging.

Last edited: