Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Map Lights

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I know when I went to put LED globes in my map lights in my VP, they wouldnt work and I later found out the positive and the negative need to be switched over for it to work, so I didnt bother in the end.

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I know when I went to put LED globes in my map lights in my VP, they wouldnt work and I later found out the positive and the negative need to be switched over for it to work, so I didnt bother in the end.

All you have to do it pull it out and turn the globe 180 and then it will work. Anyone who has worked or installed LEDs knows that

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
All you have to do it pull it out and turn the globe 180 and then it will work. Anyone who has worked or installed LEDs knows that

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Apparently it wont work with these map lights, and besides how can you turn around a BA9S type globe when they are a bayonet style globe?
Im only going by when ive fitted LEDs to my VP Calais and did all of the lights except for these lights due to this problem. It was what I was told by Bright light Auto Parts in Ferntree Gully, Vic.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Apparently it wont work with these map lights, and besides how can you turn around a BA9S type globe when they are a bayonet style globe?
Im only going by when ive fitted LEDs to my VP Calais and did all of the lights except for these lights due to this problem. It was what I was told by Bright light Auto Parts in Ferntree Gully, Vic.

This is correct, the map lights are a reverse polarity connection. No matter how you turn the bayonet it wont work because the negative is at the tip of the bayonet and positive on the side. When using standard halogens, this doesn't matter because they can be hooked up any way, however, LED's only work one way and you must get the correct globes. I ended up buying these 2X BA9S 5 SMD Reverse Polarity White 5050 SMD T4W 1895 Bayonet LED Dash Parker | eBay

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
to help you improve in your "business", heres a link to common globe types

Signalling

they also have a vehicle application guide on their site.

if you want your "business" to succeed, you cant rely on waiting for replies from people on the internet. do the legwork and get it sorted on the day. not everyone is willing to wait.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
to help you improve in your "business", heres a link to common globe types

Signalling

they also have a vehicle application guide on their site.

if you want your "business" to succeed, you cant rely on waiting for replies from people on the internet. do the legwork and get it sorted on the day. not everyone is willing to wait.

I agree with hakhawk, especially when you tell me to turn a bayonet LED globe 180 deg to get it to work....

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
What if i turn an edison screw fitting globe 180° will this work? will the glass insulate to well and not allow current flow... or am i turning it the wrong way?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
What if i turn an edison screw fitting globe 180° will this work? will the glass insulate to well and not allow current flow... or am i turning it the wrong way?

you didnt specify clockwire or counter. remember, it depends where the light came from and if you're above or below the equator, much like the flow of a toilet bowl, everything spins backwards(simpsons taught me a lot)