Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN vs VT

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Hmmmm....A commodore faster than yours?! That I've gotta see.

Well, mine'd be faster than both of yours! :p

But like I said to you last night, with that side strip missing of my car, the aero-dynamics are just all wrong, and it's not running at it's full potential!
(Hey, I need some excuse for my car being slow!!)

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
hey 1vngal, where abouts in Tas are u?

North or South?

Mabye we can get our cars on the drag strip down here some time. If ur interested?

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
Dont be under estimating a VX guys, i race one pretty much every saturday night here on the gold coast when i go the the broad water carpark, coz my mate owns one and we cruise together, now i must say its quick and gives me trouble, and i have good set of extraxtors 2.5 inch zorst Cai. Crusiign along at 60 the vx will pick up and beat me till like 100 etc, but from the stand still i can manage to out do him. So it wont be a blow off drag that will be an easy win, you will have to fight for it coz i bloody have to!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spice Weasel, I'm in Longford, just out of Launceston.And 15 mins from ACDelco Dragway!! :w00t:

But I'm always down Hobart. Mum lives at Huonville, and Dad at New Norfolk.

I've always been interested as to what the poor VN does down the 1/4 mile. Probably not too good!! Hmmmm...Foam!!! I might need some ideas to make my little car go fast!!! :(

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I live over in dodges ferry, so if we can get up to the dragway, mabye we can get a few others up there aswell and we can all have a run.

I hear there are quite a few members on this site who live up launie way.

Mabye we should make a day of it down here aswell.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds good!! Have a cruise in Launceston and finish up at the drags for the evening. We've just gotta make sure it's a meet with the burnout comp. I think they're usually bout every second meet.

Next time I'm down Hobart, I'll let you guys know!

When Tasnats comes next year, we can make a whole weekend out if it! Maybe even get some mainland members over?!

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
That would be fantastic. If im every up your way i will also let you know.

Everyone through the other states are always having cruises, we should defianately get the tasweigans involved.

Do you know how to oragnise a grudge match, so to speak. I haven't actually had the opportunity to go to the drags as of yet, but would love to go. Have you been before?

commielover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SSBodyKit
The fastest V6 commie by far was HSV's VT XU6. They put a better transmission on the VT supercharged and got 0-100 in 7.4 secs way back in '98! Much better car than a VN as it had safety features like dual airbags and ABS as standard.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What a timely thread dig, there was a VT V6 wagon at the drags tonight pumping out solid mid 11 1/8th miles. VN's do at least mid 10's at worst case flat tens for some of them. So they are much much quicker. There was also a VT SS 5 litre there running mid 10s which compares to a stock VN 5 litre at about 9.7

VNAer0HDT

Bricky - We lay You pay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
who would win -
my mates vt ss 4 spd auto stock
or
my vn berlina 4spd auto, 2.5" catback exhaust, extractors, cold air intake inclosure, cold air intake system, twin thermo fans, stainless steel pipe running everything under the bonnet, sv3800 chip & memcal, stage 2 shift kit, corvette servo, 0.500" boost valve, 3.9 diff gears & V8 LSD????
cheers guyz