Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp brakes

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I must be fortunate.....I'm using the standard 15/16 VC master and booster and have rear discs on mine....Had no issues to date.....IMA I do have a recoed 1" master sitting here ready to fit one day
thats what I thought ...what are they talking about....it isnt that bad ..seems ok...and i had all the stuff ready to do the booster upgrade apprehensive this mod was only new and only a couple of people had done it so i left it for a month or so with the stock 15/16 and then one day i thought what the hell its all here and thought why not chuck it on.... it if it isnt any good ill just put the old one back on...so on it went ...bled up at the pipes on the master cylinder super easy.....that cant be it but wow the pedal only went a short way now...so little I thought it must be broken seized or faulty but it worked on the driveway so i took it for a drive what a difference ...the front really bites now and the brakes work without any effort......let everything bed in and got used to the pedal and after a couple of weeks used the brakes with some pressure and they really pull you up....stayed like that without doing anything to it for the next 10 years.

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Nobody has mentioned booster or master cylinder. I did the conversion on my VC using a booster off a VS and master cylinder from a VZ. You can also use a VT booster but requires a fabricated bracket to fit, VS booster bolts straight up. If using the VS booster cut the head of the adjusting screw off and screw the remaining part of the screw in flush after adding some Loctite. I found after the conversion that my rear brakes were locking and I fitted a proportioning valve in the rear line. You need the VT to VZ master cylinder as it's a quick fill type as required for VT calipers. I used an AU Falcon reservoir but there is a Holden one you can use but I don't know the model. You do this so the reservoir sits level, the VT reservoir is on too much of an angle.

think i used a cup off a VS m/c. i drilled a new hole in the mc, and used a tap and die to turn down a 10mm bolt to an 8mm and backed it with a nylock nut. i strapped the cup down tight to the m/c with some cable ties so it wouldn't move while i drilled the pilot hole.

DSC00023_zpsvof6jfh1.jpg

DSC00021_zpsn8ltfvn5.jpg

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
I used the AU Falcon reservoir, no need to modify anything. Just swap the reservoirs, no drilling required.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
I used the AU Falcon reservoir, no need to modify anything. Just swap the reservoirs, no drilling required.

yeah i chased one for a week or 2. cunce wanted like $50 for a plastic cup, also couldnt find one at the wreckers, and they dont separate the m/c so you have to buy the whole thing. in the end i cbf and got a free VS one from a mate. all it cost me was about 10 mins modding time.