Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais IRS Camber Kit

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
First of all I did do a search but didn't find anything that answered exactly what I wanted to know.

Anyway, looking for info on rear IRS Camber Kits for use in my VP Calais. I have SuperLow King Springs all around with no Camber Kit and whilst I wouldn't say the tyres chewed out too fast you can definitely see they wore unevenly in the rear.
As a result I will be putting some new rubber on and thought I'd see what was available in terms of Camber Kits to get a more even wear in the future. I so far know of a few kits which are the KMAC kit but I've heard Pedders do a kit too as well as SuperPro. Does anyone here use or have used these kits or any other kits and what would you recommend? I haven't got a quote on SuperPro or Pedders but I know KMAC is $300 odd which is a bit more than I was hoping to spend but if they are leaps and bounds better than anything else I will go with them. Personally I like SuperPro products but yeah as I said looking for opinions or expert knowledge.

Cheers.

P.S. Maximum adjustment is preffered ie. 4 point.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
The Pedders kit is the way to go, had very good results with it in my old VS statesman. Expect to pay a lot more than what the kit is worth for installation also if you can't do it yourself. It's a bitch of a job.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Pedders kit is the most overpriced kit you could ever find... I got quoted $900 for one in a IRS vy
I installed a whiteline one myself (painful job) for $170 and the guy who did the wheel alignment said it was the easiest one he has ever used to adjust the camber

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do the SuperPro 4 point kits for $195 shipped. Never had an issue with them.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
I got my Pedders kit for $180 and did it
myself. I'm a wheel aligner for bridgestone and the Pedders kits are by far the best for range of adjustability. Got my statesman from 5 degree a side of camber and 12mm toe in down to just under a degree of camber and a range of toe from -4mm to +8mm total

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
kmac uses 1 bolt through the bush and a nut to lock the position, have a tendency to loosen and move.......

super pro uses 2 bolts and a lock nut, so far never seen one of these move.

other kits i have not looked at, but the super pro style would be my choice.

keep in mind that these will not always fix the issue, if the car is to low there just won't be enough adjustment in any camber kit to fix it (may get it to stop wearing tires to excessively but it'll still wear them)

A great idea is to put some anti seize on the bolts and lock nuts also when installing them, haven't found anything as fun as rusted/seized bolts on them turning a 30 min wheel alignment into a 2 hour job.....

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Kmac has the most adjustment, half installed and wheels are straight. Kmac have teeth that bite into the metal no movement in mine. Had superpro before and couldn't get enough movement to get rid of the inner wear. Thats my experience.

nqrith

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i got the super pro kit in my vp. no issues so far, tyres are wearing well. dont do a lot of ks in it. i payed $165 for my kit.

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Thanks for all the replies, very insightful.

Kmac has the most adjustment, half installed and wheels are straight. Kmac have teeth that bite into the metal no movement in mine. Had superpro before and couldn't get enough movement to get rid of the inner wear. Thats my experience.

What springs were u running with the SuperPro kit?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
king Superlow all round on shortened shocks, IRS ass end. Still running that combo, but will be changing out the kings for something a little softer