Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Now that is an engine bay. Normally to me ITB's look pretty average and messy. Yours are really well done.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Ah well, hit my first biggish snag. Haven't had anything to do with LS engines before, on a bit of a steep learning curve. Did a lot of looking around and research when buying my coils, whatever I did I was up for a full set as the LSx comes bare. Anyhow thought if I am spending a few hundred would see what's around. Looks like the truck style are the go, and the MSD have got a bad rep in the states but Accel make a nice set that I had read good things about so I got them. Am bloody still kicking myself for not picking up the small loom for them when I did them, before physically mounted them, everything would have been so much easier. Anyhow bought the looms of an LS1, pulled the loom packs out today only to find the Accel are Gen IV style that have a different electrical plug. Dohhh, dohh, double dohhh. Got onto Adam at Precision International (who is on holidays btw that's service!) he thinks he may have the loom I want, (GM part number 12579355) but they arent open until Monday and it will take overnight to get to me so best case I wont get it until Tuesday.

Did however get the brakes all double checked and bled all four corners again and have a great pedal, so not all bad, as the coil pack looms and brakes were the two biggies left, so one out of two I guess.

Just out of reference this the plug comparison, the yellow is the coil and are the later gen 4 narrower style, the top is the earlier regular loom plug, god knows why they changed them.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Looks like Adam has come through with the loom, its on its way over, hopefully with the correct plugs. Nailed a heap of stuff today. Started off with swapping all the boot latch and wiring to the new boot from my old one. With the help of the diagram posted by VSClubby355 was actually a lot easier than I imagined. Couldn't for the life of me find the small cable that goes from the main loom to the boot solenoid but a quick trip to UPI sorted that. So the rear is all finished (yay). Also filled the engine with oil and calibrated my custom dipstick as per Cantons recommendations. That involved filling with 5.2l of oil, letting it settle, adjusting the length of the dipstick to read full, then adding another litre of oil. After the initial start up once the oil has filled and the filter, cooler etc is full, it just needs to be topped back to the full level. Also got is down off the hoist, fitted my new bonnet release cable, got a little ocd and modified one of my nice chrome brake line clamps that were left over to suit and used it instead of the OE clamp. Looks neat but truthfully no one will ever see it. Went to Repco, and bought a pair of heater hoses with the right angle bend, they fit really well, I wanted to not go braided as I want then to not be noticed, really happy with how they worked out as I was a bit worried they would look crappy but they look like they are meant to be there. And lastly made another trip to UPI (car heaven??), trying to find nice condition washer nozzles for the bonnet. I couldn't they are all grey and crappy looking, and they aren't available from GM. Rang Frank, and he said to give them a light "dusting" of satin black, "less is more" he said, gotta say they turned out perfect (he is a bloody wizz) Also have painted the wiper arms, so should get them on tomorrow. Also fitted my one little personalised touch to the back. Seriously is starting to look like a car. I think it will settle another 1/2 inch or so once its driven so will sit ever so slightly lower. And to all those dipshits who have said to me over the last couple of years "why do this to a bloody Commodore" or variations on that theme, why don't you take a long hard look at the rear shot below and tell me it doesn't look tuff as ****. I am so looking forward to driving it.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looks friggin awesome,f..k all the haters,each to their own I say,if we were all the same the world would be a bloody boring place-lol

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The rear of this looks so tuff. The width of those rear wheels looks so tough, It's how it should of looked from factory.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
-Goes to change pants-

Need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.