Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Fuel system finished, got the last fittings, also the return line made up back to the regulator, also the sender unit for the auto meter gauge. Made up a temporary jumper cable with switches, ran the surge first, worked perfectly, no leaks. Then ran the main Weldon pump, had a small weep in the centre of the car, redid it all, rechecked it, perfect. Just need to get the clamps for the fuel rails I have drawn up, but that's another major system done and dusted :)

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Fuel system finished, got the last fittings, and got the return line made up back tot eh regulator, also the sender unit for the auto meter gauge. Made up a temporary jumper cable with switches, ran the surge first, worked perfectly, no leaks. Then ran the main Weldon pump, had a small weep in the centre of the car, redid it all, rechecked it, perfect. Just need to get the clamps for the fuel rails I have drawn up, but that's another major system done and dusted :)

Good work as usual mate. Whats next on the list??

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Yea getting close now. Just working through odds and sods really. Want to get the radiator overflow and PVC set up finished, have got the primary feed to the vaccum block done, just gotta source some nice silicone hose I am happy with to the rocker covers. I guess next is now I have the two coil looms I need to unpick them and redo them and fit them to the coil packs I made. Wish I had of done that before fitting all the manifold etc but **** happens I guess.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice one mate.

I do believe you can check/activate the standard fuel system through the diagnostic plug in the car as it has a wire for the fuel system. Unfortunately it's not something I've ever got around to testing :(

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
No ECU or cable in my car though at the moment though, so I needed to rig up something temporary. I made up a small switch panel with some long cables as I wanted to be able to get at it quickly and shut it down if something went pear shaped :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, I can understand that. I did something similar when I did temporary wiring on an old car, starter and ignition etc on individual switches. I'd imagine that it flows a fair bit of fuel.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
hindsight is a wonderful thing-lol,I am sure as with the rest of your work it will all be pretty schmick:beer chug:

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
I'd imagine that it flows a fair bit of fuel.
I reckon if it were water i could use it to put out a fire 10 stories up :) The main Weldon pump has a very trick pwm controller that is adjustable so when your just cruising it doesn't need to run as fast and consequently isn't as loud. For my rig up I ran it at full speed, certainly know its on :) My lad came out and I showed him, told him to be ready for some noise. After I ran it he just smiled and said loud and tuff Dad, love it ha ha.

hindsight is a wonderful thing-lol,I am sure as with the rest of your work it will all be pretty schmick:beer chug:
Thanks, always hard isnt it trying to think of everything, but if I did another one like this I would be so much better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.