Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR - VS Faults

SIKVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina N/A V6 3.8
ok 2day i did the ECU (paperclip check) came up 12 - all clear dats fine.. but if i open her up on the open road when speed hits about 110 115kmh check engine light comes on. but it didn't come up with the error today so i took for a bit of a sprint and really opened it up and the cheeky bitch didnt flash the check engine light WTF i'm really confused and im in the process of making the ecu to pc link (hard wiring it) into the glove box would this be safe)

V

vasili vr

hey guyz ive gt a vr v6. wen i go abit hard on it and wen the car gets warmed up afta like 10-15min my gears start fukin up... in sum cases it starts on secend gear,, sum times the gear stays in 3 and starts in third and **** lik dat. i got my solenoids changed but it still dz the same thin,, if anyone knows anyfin bout it wuld b realy helpful,, thanx guyz

V

vasili vr

i have had enought of my car, i took it to to diffrent transmitons speacists and they tell me yes u need 2 change ur solinoids in ur box. i paid and got it done. i take it home and the fukn thing does it again onli wen u drive it 4 about 10-15 min. what the fuk is the problem? plz guyz can u help. ill try anything to fix it. thankx!!!

SIKVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina N/A V6 3.8
ok replaced fuel filter blow me backwards take off is spent on the back seat again... so that fixed my O2 sensor prob.. but now Code 49 - Cam / Crank Shaft Signal Intermittent comes up how do i fix this is this on the right/left of the crank or do i have to replace timing chain

VS Callahan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman International
My 5.0 VS Statesman converted to LPG about three months ago has developed a very strong fuel smell in the cabin, especially when I run the air conditioner. I've been told it could be the fuel filter, any suggestions? Has anyone else had the same problem?

biganf

[BIG-ANF]
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
ladies...i dunno wat a ecu is...can u help me n wtf is the paper clip job sum one wanna send me a pm n run me down on this or give me a link in pm so i can read on this i wanna kno how to check error codes...cheers gentz

JJ's VR

VRHLDN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8lt Supercharged 163.8kW & VS sII HSV Senator
Try changing the throttle position sensor (TPS) cost about $25 from local holden dealer, takes about an hour to install. Located on the throttle body. It is necessary to remove throttle body!! And you need a 1.5mm torx bit to remove and install.

VH Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V6
The location of the oil filter is a complete PITA...any tips on catching/preventing excess oil dripping down everywhere when spinning the filter off? (apart from putting a drain hole in thedamn thing first!!)

Last edited:

Mystic1408

Reaction score
my vs done this for a while but then it seemed to go away....if ya figured it out, i would be curious to know what it was

thanks

JcB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Series II
Thanks for the links. Have a power steer problem and just found a place to start.