Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR's and Pulsars

SoonToBe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
QWK-11E said:
is it a 1.6 pulsar or a 2.0 pulsar??

yes its a 2.0 litre, But diffiantly nothing special like a Triple S or anything.

Whats the quickest and cheapest way to add some omph to commo aswell? that cops wouldnt notice or know what the hell it is. Ive seen some chips and crap on ebay for about $20 but im guessing that crap dont work.

Thanks guys.

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
lets drop a v8 into your VR and then well see if the rice burner can win hey. the little 2.0 litre would be raped

KLR38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
sircruisealotVS said:
IF it was a pulsar sss,you wouldnt have a chance...
but just a stocky pulsar should be pretty easily beaten on a 1/4 mile by a vr.
the pulsar would probably beat you off the line, but once you hit your torquey mid range in the vr its all over.

mate wat r u tripping on?? ive dropped numerous pulsar sss turbos, n my vs is pretty much stock as far as i know, minus pod filter, n so on. they never stood a chance, even gives wrx's a good run. so yet again ur trippin!!

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
KLR38L said:
mate wat r u tripping on?? ive dropped numerous pulsar sss turbos, n my vs is pretty much stock as far as i know, minus pod filter, n so on. they never stood a chance, even gives wrx's a good run. so yet again ur trippin!!

They obviously won't racing or don't know how to race properly, I'm not sure which turbos you're reffering to but a Pulsar GTIR(turbo) would absolutely maul any VR or VS even a worked V8 as would any turbo WRX, VS 3.8 V6 are good relatively quick cars but lets not get carried away here. I once raced a pretty old SSS(those ugly shaped ones), it was a manual, I still won by about a car length at 100 or so but was shocked as to how close he was to me the entire time and this was a real old SSS I'm sure any of the new 2.0L manual ones would probably beat a stock VS.

QWK-11E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
isaac_2jz said:
a vr would smash it. fullstop no argument

WAKE UP JEFF!!!! ur dreamin!

do u have anything else to say to back up ur statement??

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
KLR38L said:

mate...you line up a sss on the 1/4 mile and go for it...ill be the one laughin at you as you get your ass kicked.
its really bothersome when a jackass like you starts spouting sh*t about how you can beat this and beat that based on you pullin up at some lights and racing an unsuspecting motorist.
not every car out there wants to race you on the road mate.
take your "beast" of a vs that munches sss's and wrx's (rolf) to a track and see how your car really goes.
and wake up to yourself mate, i know your cars got a holden badge on it but that doesnt mean it's the speed machine you think it is.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Pulsar 2.0litre puts out 105KW in every model. VRs have trouble breaking 9 seconds to 100 and 16 for the 400m. Stock so no B/S please.
Pulsar Auto is supposedly good for 8.9 0 - 100 and 16 0 - 400m from test info so it should be extremely close and may depend who gets the better start.
Look at it realistically.
Quote:

As for the WRX At 5.7 or 5.1 (STI) seconds and SSS Turbo at 5.9 seconds to 100 a VR V8 would get flogged and the V6 wouldn't know which way they went. Have "you" been sniffing your fuel again?

Last edited:

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just to clarify, i wasn't talking bout the turbo models. just the stock sss. my vx s pac manual beats them no worries. ( I do have extractors and exhaust)

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
dpalomes said:
Just to clarify, i wasn't talking bout the turbo models. just the stock sss. my vx s pac manual beats them no worries. ( I do have extractors and exhaust)

Your manual is a lot quicker than an auto, so yes your car would beat a Pulsar auto. The manual Pulsar is good for 8.0 seconds to 100 so in a proper race you would still win but it would be close.