Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Auto to Manual conversion

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The T5 has 4 holes along the bottom, along with the cover plate. My engine has 2 L shaped brackets (1 each side) that come off the sump to attach to the bottom of the bell housing (1 bolt on each side, 2 in the middle will be empty). My problem in that the bell housing bolts are a long way off going into those holes in the L shaped brackets. I'm hoping if i loosen them off the sump i will have enough play in them to get them out. Unless the L shaped brackets are different from autos to manuals? Or maybe series 1 VS ecotecs have different bell housing bolts to series 3 ones? I tried to google some answers but i only really found one post that said to cut the holes out bigger and allow more adjustment which id rather not do unless i have to. So yeah, any ideas or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

check picture above autos have 2 brackets .......t5 have one much larger one

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Markovr, not really sure my engine has room for a beaming brace? But if that's all i need to fit the gearbox then it looks like im on the parts search today hahaha

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
EYY, i tried to upload a picture of the mounts im having troubles with but it wont let me do it off my phone, when i get near a computer ill put a picture up

mickVS84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey markovr that brace in that pic looks like the auto brace unless that is out of a vn or vp manual. I will upload a pic of what my braces look like

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
MickVS84, i was just about to post that I can't find any info on vs's having a beaming brace so a pic of yours would be great

mickVS84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
20150705_102948.jpg20150705_103054.jpg

these are the braces you are talking about

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Nooooooo, mine look completely different to that! At least now i know what im looking for, thank you very much for that picture!

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Sweet as, im off to the wreckers to find me a set of mounts that look like that hahaha. Cheers mate