Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Dash

trucker273

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hi there commodore lovers,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it iis possible to change a level 2 dash in a VS to a level 3 as I have had the instrument cluster out and noticed what I think is a plug for maybe a level 3 trip computer near the wiring for the speed warning unit and thought this maybe the plug for the trip computer for a level 3. Aloso if it is not possible to do a clean swap over how much trouble would it be to modify it. Plus can anyone tell me if the odometer reading can be changed as I have a level 3 dash with a reading of 216000 km's and my ute only has 158000 km's on it, would this be a dealership job or would it be easy for Joe blow to do it at home.

Thanks in advance for any help provided
Trucker273

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
never heard of changing a lvl 3 cluster km. I don't think youll have a lot of luckthere.
lvl 3 clusters are quite different you can buy patchlooms to fit them. youll also need to swap out your speedalert with the lvl3 buttons to control the cluster

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
You can change the km's, but you have to take it to a VDO guy with proof of your current km's. Or if you just have to look on ebay for someone with a dash with similar km's